Best Head sets?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I'm looking for a wired set of earbuds that will take advantage of the phones DAC and can take phone calls. I would prefer something that helps the earbud stay in my ear. Most earbuds don't stay in my ear that well. So narrowing it down to this sort of earbud what are some good brands that I can look into?

Thanks for the help you folks are providing. I would go into a store and plug different ones into my phone to try them but the stores don't do that around here.
Currently my earbuds are Coloud No 4s. These are cheap earbuds though, just approx 20USD when converted. I just got these last December coz my old earbuds broke and I needed one quickly. They sound good for the price though. They come with different sized rubber buds and I got one with a nice seal.

Anyway, didn't really expect them to be good enough for me to recommend when I got them, but for what I got for the price, it's very good bang for buck.

Anyway, Sonys, Sennheisers and Philips have good earbuds.

Mr Winkle13

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I'm looking for a wired set of earbuds that will take advantage of the phones DAC and can take phone calls. I would prefer something that helps the earbud stay in my ear. Most earbuds don't stay in my ear that well. So narrowing it down to this sort of earbud what are some good brands that I can look into?

Thanks for the help you folks are providing. I would go into a store and plug different ones into my phone to try them but the stores don't do that around here.
I love my RHA MA750i, they're made for iPhone so won't be able to take advantage of all the controls on the Mic but they sounds absolutely wonderful, especially for your taste in music. You can also try to find some B&O H3 they sound wonderful as well just not as much sub bass as the 750s they are open-back, and they are made for Android so you will be able to use all the controls on the mic. I know these are a little out of your price range but that little bit will go a long ways

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 pairs of the Lg tone platinum HBS- 1100 they sound great and even work pretty good for taking calls... it identifies them when connecting, that they are aptx- HD headphones.. i think they sound really good.. but will admit when I can just relax and listen, I prefer wired headphones...

My_Revstar

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
Dear Good Folks,

With respect to following snippet in an article at phonearena - 'How to Turn on and make sense of the LG V30s Quad DAC":
"the "Quad" part means there are actually four DACs stuffed inside a single chip. This lets you use a pair of high-impedance headphones (>50 Ohms), as the three extra DACs kick in only when connected to such a pair. This is designed with audiophiles in mind, as high-impedance headsets are usually much more expensive than regular ones."

Does it mean that LG's Quad DAC is only useful if one uses 50+ ohm ear(head)phones?
- Will they consume a lot of power?
- Any recommendations in sub $200 category? I have the following in mind - SoundMagic E80

Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143