Best In Ear Headphones that work with Android Devices

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everybody,
I have been a long time Android user and I love music with a passion but lately I have been having issues with the In-Ear Headphones that I use. I currently have a pair of iBeats as well as Studios but I have had to return both pairs twice due to speakers going out (not sure if I blew the speakers or what happened) and my latest pair of iBeats that I got just over 3 months ago are starting to have the same problem (the right speaker sounds very low and is rapidly degrading). Today I went to Best Buy to try and exchange them but they were slap out of every in ear Beats headphones but another local store has a full stock and I will be heading there tomorrow. The lady at the store said the factory warranty would give me 2 options: Exchange the iBeats for another pair of iBeats or I could get my money back (buy whatever I want). I love the iBeats sound quality and looks but I don't want to be constantly worrying about them going out and having to exchange them every 6 months doesn't sound appealing. Now I only bought the iBeats version because they were in my price range (sub $100) , they offered Control Talk and they were highly recommended by a group of my friends. So my question: Is there any other in-ear headphones in this price range that would be recommended? I have read a lot about Klipsche but I have honestly never heard of the brand which makes me skeptical. Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Oh and I mainly listen to bass heavy songs (I'm kinda in love with bass lol) such as Rap, Electronic, Dubstep, Rock!

Pied pipper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of skull candy titans they are $40 I bought a pair and was like wow went back inside and bought my girlfriend a pair

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Klipsh is a well known speaker company. Very popular in surround sound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I like the ultimate Ears 500vi set. The sound quality is very good, and they have a 2 year warranty. The controls are designed for Android also.

Sound much better than the beats that came with my rezound.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I like the ultimate Ears 500vi set. The sound quality is very good, and they have a 2 year warranty. The controls are designed for Android also.

Sound much better than the beats that came with my rezound.

The Beats that come with the Rezound aren't true iBeats; they're urBeats which in comparison sound horrible against the iBeats (I have both pairs and the difference is clear).

I have a bose IE2 and it work flawlessly and has amazing sound quality.

A few people online are complaining about a lot of sound leakage with the IE2s which is a major negative for me. I wouldn't want my English teacher hearing my Rock / Dubstep music in the morning......lol Is the leakage that bad to where others can clearly hear the music or are the reviews online kinda exaggerating a little?

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Klipsch S4, great sound quality for the money. You get a few rubber tips with them to make sure that you find a good seal for your ear type, which works great for sound isolation. Had mine for over two years and love them.

Sent from my HTC One X

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
A few people online are complaining about a lot of sound leakage with the IE2s which is a major negative for me. I wouldn't want my English teacher hearing my Rock / Dubstep music in the morning......lol Is the leakage that bad to where others can clearly hear the music or are the reviews online kinda exaggerating a little?

I wouldnt deny that. there is a little sound leak but not so much.
Only when the volume is >70% to max the music can be heard but with medium volume there isnt any and the sound leak is reduces when you have the ear piece in ear.

I am not sure if beats have sound leak or not. I have tried beats at best buy but i liked Bose better.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the advice but after pouring over threads online (both old and new) I'm leaning towards getting a pair of SL99. They don't look as flashy as the Beats or the set made by 50 but the reviews online look amazing and the fact that they are only around $90 and they're beating the $150+ pair of beats is impressive! I have to wait until Saturday to goto Best Buy because some stuff came up..good thing I got an extra pair of iBeats from my old Rezound!

leoaudio13

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Klipsch S4, great sound quality for the money. You get a few rubber tips with them to make sure that you find a good seal for your ear type, which works great for sound isolation. Had mine for over two years and love them.

Sent from my HTC One X

The S4i probably the worst inear I've ever use. It lacks of mid and High frequencies ( treble ) are so harsh that I threw it away.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how the S4i is different from the pair of S4 that I have but I should mention that I got mine on sale for $30 (Amazon Goldbox deal) and I can't think of anything in that price range that can beat them. I don't think the mids and the highs are harsh at all. Everyone's ears are different I guess. One thing I don't like about them is that they don't stay in my ears very well if I'm moving around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harmatukka