Best method to Import Pictures?

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm just setting up a "new" Nexus 5 (had my old one RMA'd), and one of the items that always bugged me was how to best import pictures into the device, i.e., the folder structure.

What I originally did was import all my pictures into the "Pictures" folder in the phone, however, it appears the phone stores all pictures it takes into the DCIM\Camera folder on the device, and for some reason I'm always confused when I click "Photo's" or the "Gallery" app as to which photos end up where, and really, why they just can't all be in the same place

What are others doing who want to have their pictures stored on the device itself and don't want to have to switch between the above two apps, assuming I'm not just missing something altogether, which is entirely possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really doesn't matter where you place your photos, because the phone will scan all storage areas for media (i.e., photos, music, videos) and update the respective databases accordingly. So you could put photos in a folder called "Junk" and they'll still show up in Gallery under that folder name.

Gallery and Photos serve the same function--they both use the same database. The main difference is that Photos is integrated into Google+. See my guide for more information: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-getting-started-android-2014-part-ii.html

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to put my personal data into personal folders and avoid using system folders.
I have a "My Photo Backup" folder with subfolders.
Gallery, Photos, and Quickpic all seem to find the subfolders ok.
I prefer Quickpic in general...but it has no access to cloud storage or access to Picasaweb.
Gallery & Photos handle Picasaweb nicely.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, I might buy the 16gb, whats the easiest and/or best way to export pictures / videos to a "mac"

Posted via Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Since Mac doesn't support MTP natively, your best option is upload photos to a cloud service like Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive. Then you download them from the cloud to your Mac. I know OneDrive allows you to setup auto-upload of pictures you took. Other cloud storage services probably have the similar thing.

I use OneDrive on all my phones. Never connected my phone to any PC in years.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Since Mac doesn't support MTP natively, your best option is upload photos to a cloud service like Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive. Then you download them from the cloud to your Mac. I know OneDrive allows you to setup auto-upload of pictures you took. Other cloud storage services probably have the similar thing.

I use OneDrive on all my phones. Never connected my phone to any PC in years.

Sounds good, ill give it a try, thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp