BEST ROM!?

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw the old thread about the best rom for the gnex but it was from a while ago. I'm getting my Nexus by the end of this week and I would like to know what's the best rom I'm terms of speed, stability, and of course, battery life. Also I would like to know which rom gets updates more often please.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
AOKP gets updates biweekly (sometimes faster). Roman (the main dev) also tends to interact a lot with the users and includes a lot of features requests. The dev team behind AOKP tends to get OS updates integrated quite fast as well (I was on 4.0.4 before Google officially pushed it).

Since you're rooting and tinkering anyway, I'd also suggest francoKernel. He's less regular about updates, but usually has at least one nightly a week.

Between AOKP and fk I get 12-15 hrs of moderate to heavy use (and that's including the fact that I'm overclocked).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: KeviiinS

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I am now using AOKP! And I love it. I'm a big flasher, but usually flash to get the latest Android version, since this was my first Nexus I stayed stock for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid