Best way to clean the front camera?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Any one have any safe methods to cleaning the front camera lens?

Its definitely a problem getting in there. Its deeply recessed.

I use a lens cleaning cloth, (the kind you get free with some screen devices, or at your eye doctor, or any scrap of microfiber). Fold a triangle so you have a sharp corner and work it in there and twist.

It makes a big difference when using face chat.

Stay away from Q-Tips and tissues.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do q tips scratch?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I doubt a qtip would scratch the lens unless that qtip has something on it ie. sand, dirt, etc. You just have to be carefully. I like to vacuum my phone sometimes, to get all the dirt and grime I get in it from work. Then I'll wipe it down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
dude use the same air spray for electronics that you use on computers and tv's and stuff i use that aim that little nozzle deal there and one pump and air comes out and dust and crap off of lens without touching it just my own remedy:cool:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Air won't remove oils. Compressed air comes out extremely cold, and can crack glass.

There is a reason microfiber is the recommend way to clean lenses and screens.

Sent from my HOX

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Air won't remove oils. Compressed air comes out extremely cold, and can crack glass.

There is a reason microfiber is the recommend way to clean lenses and screens.

Sent from my HOX

I stated to remove dust I haven't had an issue with oils getting in there and the compressed air has not cracked my lense yet but good point I will monitor that but for now it works fine for me

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I have a tried, proven and true.way to do the task. Oakley or Maui Jim, have special micro cloth sacks. I.carry my OneX in my shirt pocket, but in the sack. Clean everything all the time!

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Ha, I have a tried, proven and true.way to do the task. Oakley or Maui Jim, have special micro cloth sacks. I.carry my OneX in my shirt pocket, but in the sack. Clean everything all the time!

How would that clean the FRONT camera lens?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Remember, it doesn't matter if q-tips or cloth scratches, it's the dust that's already on there that will scratch the lens when you wipe it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85