Bionic ia Heating up and Freezing occasionally

BringItSon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So what the title says...

I've had the phone since launch day and never had a single problem until today. Idk why but phone is overheating.. getting really hot when it is on idle. I had to take off the batt and let it cool for awhile. When it ia heated, screen would freeze for couple second. And sometimes screen become unresponsive.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So what the title says...

I've had the phone since launch day and never had a single problem until today. Idk why but phone is overheating.. getting really hot when it is on idle. I had to take off the batt and let it cool for awhile. When it ia heated, screen would freeze for couple second. And sometimes screen become unresponsive.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Was something running in the background without you knowing?

How's your service area. Low bars mean your phone works harder to look for a signal hence battery heats up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Was something running in the background without you knowing?

How's your service area. Low bars mean your phone works harder to look for a signal hence battery heats up.

Also, when the phone freezes and it's been idle, a lot of time the screen display stays on and doesn't turn off hence the battery is scorching hot.

Last edited:

BringItSon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea i think that is the case here... i only have 1 bar which is BS given i am in the middle of supposedly well covered area