Bixby Vision in camera app

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
what a joke. I won't be using the app at all now. I take pictures with cameras. when I want to shop I use a shopping app. the camera has been dumbed down (fewer features and no raw that I could find) and now has ads in it. thanks Sammy. yet one more thing...

I'm almost thinking to return mine. still on the edge. maybe just tired. but that camera app and Bixby are going bye bye. I will be rooting if I keep it and happily give up Samsung Pay. the whole device is advertising and full of bloatware. they need to drop the price to sell me this many ads all at once.

okay. that's my rant. what's yours? people like me :D

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
RAW is there...you need to use pro mode and have it set up in settings...under picture size there's a switch for RAW capture.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Granted I haven't tried Bixby vision yet, does it push ads to you when you use it? When you say full of advertising....I haven't seen anything.

I'm on Verizon and was able to uninstall all the preinstalled apps except a few Verizon ones which I disabled. It sounds like you're having a much different experience than I am....

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
RAW is there...you need to use pro mode and have it set up in settings...under picture size there's a switch for RAW capture.

thank you. since I won't be using the stock camera app I don't need that now. I set it up in Camera FV-5. once I found Bixby in the camera app I stopped looking for anything and left.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
How does the camera have fewer features? RAW is there. Nobody is forced to use Bixby vision. And you can disable Bixby without root.

PLEASE tell me what I have not done to disable Bixby. I've turned off everything I could find. spent hours uninstalling garbage and turning crap off. Bixby I did the worst to and it's still operating ;) tell me how, tell me how... thank you!

the camera, now irrelevant to me missing several modes that Sprint has not included and aren't for download that I will have to side install if I want to use it. the upside to all of the is that my pro app is fine and ad-free.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Granted I haven't tried Bixby vision yet, does it push ads to you when you use it? When you say full of advertising....I haven't seen anything.

I'm on Verizon and was able to uninstall all the preinstalled apps except a few Verizon ones which I disabled. It sounds like you're having a much different experience than I am....

I didn't have to try Bixby. every corner I turned, everything I touched, even after "turning it off", there it was right back in my face. I need root. it's got to go or the phone has to go back. even more sure this morning. first thing in my head as I woke up.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Must be a sprint thing.. I dont notice bixby unless i want to use it... I literally don't know wtf you're talking about
I also have Sprint and i don't see anything Bixby unless I push the Bixby button. Or open camera. But you can use the camera without tapping on the bixby area next to the live focus.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon and I don't notice anything intrusive regarding Bixby (or ads in general).

that's great. maybe we have different definitions of intrusive. anything that keeps coming up here and there when I have turned it off for notifications, etc. is intrusive and why I root. if I don't want it, it should should turn off and stay turned off. I am able to do that for google. Sammy gets no slack.

lisainsf

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
that's great. maybe we have different definitions of intrusive. anything that keeps coming up here and there when I have turned it off for notifications, etc. is intrusive and why I root. if I don't want it, it should should turn off and stay turned off. I am able to do that for google. Sammy gets no slack.
Get BK Package Disabler from the play store. You can disable all things Bixby and it will no longer work