Bixby Voice Unlock Command Prompts (What are they exactly?)

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Since the early days of Bixby Voice with the "Voice Unlock" feature, here and there I've been playing around with the commands to use it.

I have not seen published anywhere the actual words needed to successfully unlock the phone simply.

The closest I've gotten has been this: "Hi Bixby, Unlock Phone" > (Say password). Then, the phone unlocks but immediately Bixby's message bubble pops up along with a "Pattern Unlock" screen and says, "Oh, it seems like we already have the screen setup type as none". Then it just stays there...Yes, this technically unlocks the phone, but it brings it to this Settings menu and I always have to back out of it.

What do you guys know of the actual proper command prompts needed to simply have Bixby unlock the phone straight to the home page (or whatever screen you had open) as it would if you used the other default unlock types?

Thanks.

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi there, from the locked screen I just say "Hi BIXBY then "go to home screen" she then asks for password and after that I'm at the home screen!

Hope this helps

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't get bixby to unlock or you do anything when I say "Hi Bixby" even when the phone is unlocked 🤔 the only time bixby works is by pressing and holding the button, I've tried registering my voice over and over again but it really is hit and miss, most of the time it says that it can't hear me 😒

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
You have probably tried this but just in case you haven't and for others benefit you can change the wake up sensitivity.... from BIXBY (press BIXBY button don't hold) go into settings (by clicking 3 dots top right) then click 'Voice wake up' from here you can change the sensitivity and also from here you can improve wake up accuracy.

As I said think you have already done this but it may help others.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks abbeyglen, I'll try the "Go to home screen" command.
It's just peculiar you know, you would think the most basic "Unlock phone" would suffice to do just simply that: UNLOCK THE PHONE

Derren, not to sound like an *** so sorry if I do. But could it just be a matter of you speaking up a bit? A bit more voice projection while you're setting up voice. And, did you go through all the settings to make sure all voice features are turned on and that Bixby has full permissions enabled?

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
No probs, just hope it works for you, it does for me. Agree with what you are saying and would like to have the ability to change it to "unlock phone" if I wish to do so. There probably is a way of doing that but not found a way to do it mind you, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to tech.

Only just started to use it myself and it's been ok and will persevere with it as I think it's quite helpful and something different to play about with" Hi Bixby wake me up at 7am" and so on ...and she genuinly sounds like she cares and takes pride in her job ☺ even though I did prefer the Scottish voice on SVoice.

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys but I've tried all of those, I set the accuracy to highest and I've tried speaking louder and louder to even shouting, my neighbours must think I'm mad 😂
And I've enabled everything in bixby, I was trying to train bixby again and save more voice recordings but it doesn't even let me do that now 🤔

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
In have seen people.are having problems if they have certain accents.

I had problems initially and the thing wouldn't work, I was trying everything from Barry White sexy deep voice to Chipmonk, smurf type voices .... then after it I thinking OMG i hope nobody overheard me haha

Hope someone comes along to help you soon, good luck.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Abbeyglen, I used "Hi Bixby, Go to Homescreen" today. It worked like a charm.
Mystery still exists though, why did the Bixby always say "looks like you have pattern unlock set to none" or something (i'm too tired to quote, but it's in my original post lol).
Also, Derren, if you're really having that much trouble, can you make a video and post it on youtube for us to watch? That would really be informative for a lot of us, especially those who have that problem but don't want to make public and are sincerely waiting for everyone else to come up with the fix. YOU can be that fix man...

OR

Do you have a good friend who will put up with some nonsense with you. Why don't you let a friend or family take control of your Bixby setup for a trial run. Let's see how it reacts no?

abbeyglen

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Strange about the pattern lock! Well hope that you get some help with that soon... also want to know how to unlock the phone and for it to open at last app or webpage etc you were on. I have posted on Samsung Help forum and will let you know if that is cleared up.

Don't know if you saw it but you can drop "go to" and just say "Bixby Homescreen" I'm green as grass and learningbwee things here and there all the time.

Good Luck

Derren Woods

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Abbeyglen, I used "Hi Bixby, Go to Homescreen" today. It worked like a charm.
Mystery still exists though, why did the Bixby always say "looks like you have pattern unlock set to none" or something (i'm too tired to quote, but it's in my original post lol).
Also, Derren, if you're really having that much trouble, can you make a video and post it on youtube for us to watch? That would really be informative for a lot of us, especially those who have that problem but don't want to make public and are sincerely waiting for everyone else to come up with the fix. YOU can be that fix man...

OR

Do you have a good friend who will put up with some nonsense with you. Why don't you let a friend or family take control of your Bixby setup for a trial run. Let's see how it reacts no?
Targatheory I'm not to sure if can video it but I'll try a family member having a go at setting it up 😉 funny thing is when my phone is locked if I say "hi bixby" nothing happens but if I press and hold the Bixby button then it'll mostly do what I'm asking, it's just not hands free so to speak unlike google 🤔
Anyway I'm away for a week now so I'll see if I can get it working through the week or letting one of my family have a go 👍

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright, enjoy the week away. When you come back it'll be cool to read about any discoveries you might have had. I've let my sister play with my voice settings so I'm not entirely sure how secure/sensitive either Bixby or Google are to actual voice patterns as opposed to just hearing the words. Let's see when youre back

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll go ahead try the "Bixby, Homescreen" command. I'm new to this too. Quirky story that shouldn't mean anything more than just entertainment follows:

I had my S8+ charging in the kitchen, and I was in the family room, definitely within beeline eyesight of the device. Shouting, "Hi Bixby" at the top of my lungs or at different tones didn't activate it. But, once I got the phone off the charger and near my body it worked...There go my fantastic ideas of the life saving if kidnapped feature idea...