Black and white display?

hafcanadian A

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Suddenly my S10e display is in black and white/grayscale. I can’t find a setting that turns color on or off. Is this some glitch in the recent system update that included eye strain or night screen additions? I don’t care much for the screen with no color.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where have you looked? I assume you checked the Settings>Accessibility and Settings>Display menus.

I agree with Kizzy Catwoman about checking the Digital Wellbeing app. Also, make sure no power-saving modes are turned on.

Jell Lee

May 27, 2021
Visit site
as noted by above comments this can be due to the bedtime mode settings, I've had it enabled but turned it off 'cause I found myself kept watching Youtube on the bed before going to bed. B/W videos are no fun when watching Youtube.

hafcanadian A

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Okay, it must be due to my creating a day or two ago a time period the phone couldn’t ring. We got tired of it going off and waking us. I set Bedtime Mode for 11pm to 11am, as our sleep schedules vary generally within that range, and late weekend movies often got disturbed too. I’m not sure why the display needed to change… it was just the ringer/notifications alerts I wanted muted. Our cell phones aren’t kept near our beds, but can be heard. Samsung might find it advisable to provide the gray scaled screen as an option within Bedtime Mode, rather than it being a mandatory part.

Thanks to Kizzy and all who directed me to my oversight and culprit. When setting it I didn’t catch the part about it including a display change as well as audio.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, it must be due to my creating a day or two ago a time period the phone couldn’t ring. We got tired of it going off and waking us. I set Bedtime Mode for 11pm to 11am, as our sleep schedules vary generally within that range, and late weekend movies often got disturbed too. I’m not sure why the display needed to change… it was just the ringer/notifications alerts I wanted muted. Our cell phones aren’t kept near our beds, but can be heard. Samsung might find it advisable to provide the gray scaled screen as an option within Bedtime Mode, rather than it being a mandatory part.

Thanks to Kizzy and all who directed me to my oversight and culprit. When setting it I didn’t catch the part about it including a display change as well as audio.
Glad thats all it was