Black lines across screen

Reknowlton

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 for about ten months and love it - never had a problem. On Monday the lines appeared. Across every bit of text there are lines going to the left that make it look like the characters are 'running' to the right. I initially thought it was just with text but realized today that it is in video too. I tried changing settings and even did two factory reset with no change. I can't find anything online about this problem. Also when it starts up the problem is not there on the initial Samsung screen but immediately presents when the AT&T logo comes on. Also it is not evident in screens hots viewed from other devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. Power the Device Up in Safe Mode Samsung Galaxy Note Pro | Verizon Wireless

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem. Since your device is approaching the end of its warranty, I'd contact Samsung promptly to discuss warranty repair or replacement.

Reknowlton

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I just tried to get it to start in safe mode but it will not - I will try again in the morning. I have cleared everything off ut though with restoring it twice so not sure if safe mode will be much help but would still like to check before I go through the hassle of contacting Samsung or AT&T. Thank you though very much!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It just makes me think there's a hardware problem with the device. It might be warranty time.

Reknowlton

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I have just tried to talk to ANYONE at Samsung or AT&T and that went **** poor for over two hours ... I can't actually get anyone on the phone to talk ... I have restored it again and have now tried over 40 times and three different ways to safe mode boot the tablet ... Frankly, I am now infuriated ... Someone PLEASE help!!!

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Use HDMI adapter or Screen Mirror function of this tablet if you have a SamSung TV supports Screen Mirror, the line is only on your LCD but not on the TV, then you have a bad LCD . Another way is trying to disconnect and reconnect the LCD cable, loose LCD cable may cause a display problem.

Like laptop, you have to use another monitor to identify the problem is from mainboard or LCD:
- Display is fine on TV, problem is from LCD
- Problem is seen on both displays, the source is from mainboard.

If you don't know how to troubleshoot, then Samsung Warranty Repair is the source to fix this problem

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Also it is not evident in screens hots viewed from other devices.

A screenshot itself will tell it's problem of LCD or main board, press Home+ Power buttons will take the snap shot of the screen.
This screenshot will look normal when viewing by another device or computer, I meant the screenshot has to be copied from your tablet.
Screenshot of defective LCD will look normal if viewing by computer or other devices, one simple verification in case you don't have HDMI adapter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo