Black screen and no response from the Power Button.

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wifeys Nexus 7 started to do the Black Screen of No Response (BSoNR) the other day after a few weeks of purchase (bought it just before Christmas).

We've tried the 30 seconds and we've tried the Volume and Power steps. Occasionally when it wants to it launches.

We contacted the place of purchase and they said it has to go to ASUS and gave us their number and email. We emailed the other Saturday Morning so I expect a response today, however I am wondering is this the correct thing to do?

Shouldn't the place of purchase just take it back and swap it for us?

Last edited:

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Try hard resetting while it charges. Asus will try and fix the problem, which is why they don't swap it out. If they can't fix it, they'll just swap it out for a different build.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Did a hard reset the and it worked a treat. All yesterday not one issue. Then today, this morning, my wifey put it in the case and as soon as she opened it on the Bus nothing happened. The screen is just black.

I've put it on charge however I am getting no response from it, no even the hard reset steps are giving me a result.

Very frustrating.

I think it's going to be a ticket to ASUS to get it swapped or fixed tbh :(

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the case isn't the problem? The reason I ask is some "smart" cases are poorly designed in such a way they may put the device to sleep even when open.

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Exactly our train of thought. So we took it out of the case and still it wouldn't turn on, however I err'ed on the side of it still believeing it is sleeping. Left it for a bit on charge and the I tried to simulate a wake up from the case. It came on. We're going to test it without the case for a few days (wifey has a knitted huge sock (a mishapen wool foot warmer)) she'll keep it in in the morning and she'll get a neoprene sock for it later in the day.

I'm hoping that this is the issue, as it is a fantastic tablet and she doesn't want to be without it.

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, it doesn't look like it was the case. Wifey has been using it off and on throughout the day without a problem, put it down as she went to teach her final class then came back and it wouldn't start up, even after the 30 second hold down.

Looks like we are going to have to raise a ticket for fixing. What I'm worried about however is the fact if they find no fault then we get charged just under ?60 (about $96 US Dollars). With the amount of time it has taken the fault to rear its head again I don't want them to presume, 10 minutes in, there is no fault and send it back.

How would you proceed? I'm thinking on dispatch include a letter to highlight this.

Villordsutch

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ticket raised with ASUS and it is being taken to the Netherlands on Tuesday. Hope it's a quick turn around for it is rather ace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dakohara