Black screen on phone calls

jbozzo

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I Have two of these droid maxx as well both of them having the same problem one I just sent back, verizen sent me a brand new one which started doing the same thing after 24 hours Verizon said it was a software issue that's why they sent me the new replacement. i only switched to Verizon to get this phone The Battery Life On this device is ridiculously awesome everything as advertised after 48 hrs of moderate use im averaging between 35-55% battery life you. i sat this phone on my coffee table turned on, with wifi turned on as well for 4 days and still had 75% battery life. I want this phone I hope they fix it.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just received my BodyGuardz UltraTough ScreenGuard, and had the same problem. Once I cut out a spot for the proximity sensor, everything went back to normal...

ck_droid_ctrl

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue and this thread helped find the solution. Running 4.0.4 there is a calibration for the g-gensor.

Settings> Display> Als_ps calibration.

I had to put my hand directly on the phone where the sensor is (close to ear/phone call speaker) and it sets the sensor that locks out the screen when the phone is next to your ear.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction and hopefully this added bit helps others.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue and this thread helped find the solution. Running 4.0.4 there is a calibration for the g-gensor.

Settings> Display> Als_ps calibration.

I had to put my hand directly on the phone where the sensor is (close to ear/phone call speaker) and it sets the sensor that locks out the screen when the phone is next to your ear.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction and hopefully this added bit helps others.

This forum is for the Motorola Droid Maxx. There is no such setting on this phone.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me once - I was in people and hit he phone number of a contact by mistake and the phone started calling. Unfortunately, I hit the power just as it started calling. Once I did that, the phone was never responsive - it just started completing the call.

It only happened once, though.

I do have the Verizon screen protector on, but it definitely had a cutout over the proximity sensor.

The Verizon screen protectors are the worst ever.

The zag ones are overrated in my opinion as well. They add a vinyl, rubbery feel that I just do not like, although they do look pretty clear.

The best one I've found by far is from a company called Ismooth.

It is literally unnoticeable and feels like the actual screen. It is also pretty good when it comes to scratch resistance. And I've also never had a problem with the screen blacking out while on calls. I often put my phone in speaker and use other apps while on calls.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

tamq

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the new LGg4 and the black screen has been driving me CRAZY. I followed as much as I could from the advice below, but the LG does not have same options.
So I went to Settings / Display and at the bottom is "Motion sensor Calibration". Click on that and there are instructions to calibrate motion for phone.
Walaa! It worked for me and only goes dark ( I assume to save battery) when phone is to my ear. As soon as handhold phone, dial pad / screen returns. Hopefully this helps someone!

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue from an improperly placed screen protector as well. I don't remember what brand I have on my phone but it's the Zagg type.

Posted via Android Central App

saketh reddy1

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Is there my phone has same problem that
You can do it go to all apps and long press phone then you can see app info go to it and first clear chake and then clear data after you have to disable and then wait and enable so you can do it thak u because of you i got this idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds