Black spec on main camera

jasperlin

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello, has anyone had troubles with the camera having a black spec? If I point at a white wall, it shows as a black spot.

I think there is a piece of dust in there or something? I didn't buy directly from Google, so I'll have to go through Bell for warranty I guess.

Anyone have experience with that? Hopefully they give me a new or refurbished phone! Mine is totally scratched up and dented.

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's not a stuck pixel on the screen, is it? Does it appear in the photo if you display it on a different device? Does it change size as you zoom in or out? I would think a piece of dust would show more like an amorphous off-color (not black) blob rather than a speck.

jasperlin

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
It's not pixel related. In all my photos and gets bigger when I zoom in. Really hope it's the sensor and not a tiny scratch on the lens.

Attachments

• 11553.jpg
    11553.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 5

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yup, that looks like dust all right. Could be either on the sensor or under the camera glass, but I'd make a guess at the sensor. With a strong light and a magnifier, you might be able to tell if its under the glass.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz