"Black to come a bit later..."

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys... I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I am still excited to get my hands on an HTC One! Take it for what it's worth but I tweeted to Jason Mackenzie about when AT&T would be getting the black version, and this is what he said:

"@holz75 Won't have date for a couple weeks. Focus of launch will be silver. black to come a bit later."

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I want the silver one anyway but it drives me nuts when all the colors aren't released at the same time. A lot of people will pick up a color they DON'T want just to have the phone right away and then want to swap phones when the one they DO want is available. That means a lot of perfectly good devices get returned for a dumb reason. If the black comes out later for sure there will be a thread asking, "If I want the black one instead will AT&T let me return the silver one for that reason or does it have to be defective?"

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems HTC really needs to get more mfg behind this phone and perhaps put more thought into the design. I read it takes an incredible amount of time to make each chassis something like 210 minutes each. How many machines do they have churning out those chassis?

Infiniteloop7

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I would like to get the black version, and if it's coming later, does that mean those who get it will not be qualified for the $100 trade in anymore? Coz in order to qualify, you have to get the phone before 4/30

SJorge3442

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is so infuriating. I want to pre order it, but I want black. Does this mean that the people who are ordering the black from best buy and costco will have delayed shipments? Oh Well. Guess Silver will be my choice. I'm just stick of waiting for a new phone. Been stuck on this captivate for about a year now. 3 yr old phone that runs better than most current phones tho

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this is so infuriating. I want to pre order it, but I want black. Does this mean that the people who are ordering the black from best buy and costco will have delayed shipments? Oh Well. Guess Silver will be my choice. I'm just stick of waiting for a new phone. Been stuck on this captivate for about a year now. 3 yr old phone that runs better than most current phones tho

Yep.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I'd prefer the black as well, but I like the silver enough to not be too concerned. Like a lot of others here have said, I'll probably have it in a case, anyway.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, according to this, will we NEVER see a black 64gb model?

HTC launches 'HTC One Live Experience Tour' in the U.S. | Android Central

"AT&T: Available on April 19th in silver and black with 32GB of memory for $199.99, and in silver with 64 GB of memory for $299.99 with a two-year commitment."

Wouldn't surprise me, they can't get the 32GB version out. But since the black version appears to be near extinct it'll be interesting to see if there are any unlocked models.

After I terminate this contract with Sprint, I don't plan on signing another 2 yr contract again. And $600 is a little too steep to just "settle" for a variant I don't want. I might have to sit this one out.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I want a Black one, but I also want this phone at launch. I'm probably going to have to get silver now for that to happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site

yodan4

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
They removed it.**** Had one already saved in my cart and it's gone now as well.

Damn, that sucks. I've been sending everyone that link all day and they're now replying back with the same info. Someone on XDA put a decal on theirs which made it black, with some silver peeking through. I may end up doing something similar to that because my heroin itch for this phone is kicking in. I don't think I'll be able to wait for "later"

*Silver to Black attempt - xda-developers

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I'm going to wait until the 14th and order silver if there's still no black and no ETA for black.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Damn, that sucks. I've been sending everyone that link all day and they're now replying back with the same info. Someone on XDA put a decal on theirs which made it black, with some silver peeking through. I may end up doing something similar to that because my heroin itch for this phone is kicking in. I don't think I'll be able to wait for "later"

*Silver to Black attempt - xda-developers

Damn, that looks better than the black version HTC makes.

yodan4

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Damn, that looks better than the black version HTC makes.

I concur, I have a mercury branded 'red' screen protector that makes my charcoal note 2 into a fire red note 2 with a grey button. Hopefully they'll do something like that for the One.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I never understood why colors weren't all released at the same time. Kind of annoying, but I guess it doesn't matter that much. Just a matter of preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech