BlackBerry, iOS, or Windows Phone? - Which would you choose?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would go to Windows Phone. I used to use it and actually really like it. I am constantly torn between Windows Phone and Android because I do love both. I am actually considering buying a Lumia 1020 off contract to go with my HTC One (can you tell I like phones with neat camera tricks)

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I would go to Windows Phone. I used to use it and actually really like it. I am constantly torn between Windows Phone and Android because I do love both. I am actually considering buying a Lumia 1020 off contract to go with my HTC One (can you tell I like phones with neat camera tricks)

The Nokia Lumia has 41 MP camera.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Megapixels don't actually mean anything when determining actual photo quality. It's just a number to sell devices. Ask any professional photographer.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Megapixels don't actually mean anything when determining actual photo quality. It's just a number to sell devices. Ask any professional photographer.

You are not wrong. However, the clarity on Nokia Lumia phones are actually pretty awesome. Look at the pureview 808.

In the end, nothing beats android :D

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm aware. Its camera is why I would get it.

You are correct, but the Lumia has more to it than just sheer megapixel count. It has a physically large sensor, OIS, and fancy software. It isn't intended to take 41 MP photos (as a matter of fact, you can't even save the photos as 41 MP). It uses all the data to over sample your photo, allowing you to zoom in without a percieved loss in clarity and eliminate noise in pictures taken in low light or at high ISO. There are two solutions to solve the zoom issue on a cell phone camera, throw an actual zoom lens on it (looking at you Samsung) or high MP and fancy software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred