Bloody hell... Scratched my S8 Plus screen

zigaliro

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I also see a 1 mm scratch on the front, its super easy to scratch the s8 :/ i cant feel the scratch tho, I can only see it when there is light shining.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh... Ok. Why would it not be available in the states? Biggest market on Earth and they doing want to sell to us? That's just weird lol. Thx for the info.

Got me man. It's not the first time though. It was near impossible to find the official leather case for the S7 Edge in the states last year.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am sad I haven't found a TG screen protector that is good. I loved it on my G6 but now with the curve on the S8 + .. much harder :(.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I actually don't believe there is a decent fully functional screen protector for any of the edge screens...

Until they do, it'll limit the market IMO

Just hope they don't put an edge screen on the Note 8!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually don't believe there is a decent fully functional screen protector for any of the edge screens...

Until they do, it'll limit the market IMO

Just hope they don't put an edge screen on the Note 8!

They totally will.. I don't see Samsung going away from the Edges especially since they have been making them better (not as sharp) with each new model.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I switched to a wallet case, with soft liner that goes between the credit cards and phone. Not going to worry with Tempered Glasses anymore...especially on curved screens :-D

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Can't believe it

I'm anal when it comes to my mobiles and ALWAYS have a screen protector fitted

However I haven't found one yet that's good enough, doesn't lift when in a case etc, so having to go with a naked screen

I'm now using an Otterbox Strada case for my S8 Plus, which I have to say is one of the best cases I've ever had

But, somehow, I've managed to scratch the screen the other day (before I fitted the Otterbox case), whilst it was in the Spigen Tough Armor case...

It's only about 4-5mm long, right on the left hand side about 2/3 of the way down. Can only be seen if you look for it at the right angle, but now I know it's three, it's doing my head in :(

I haven't dropped the phone, don't place it screen side down, don't have it in my pockets etc... So god knows how this has happened

Are these screens that delicate that they scratch this easily?!

One of the main reason i skipped s8 and got G6...and lovin my G6 ...and mainly flat screen and dual camera and battery life..around 2 days with 5 to 6 hrs Sot...i had s7 edge last year and i know the pain of finding a good screen protector...i wish Samsung goes back to flat screen option on flagships

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
After having had the S7 Edge I don't think I'm ever gonna go back to a flat screen device. It just feels so inferior and ... old. I love how the curves are on the S8+ - just like it was on the Note 7, subtle. The ArmorSuit screen protector that I have on the phone is working pretty well and has been the first to do so. Glass screen protectors have never been good for me, even when I had flat screen devices.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Once again, I'm going to explain that Corning designed Gorilla Glass 5 to be more shatter resistant and you can't have increased shatter resistance without making the glass softer and as such more scratch prone. Those of us that had the note 7 learned this.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Using this on the front and back of my phone because I couldn't find a screen protector that worked well.

Doubt it will hide your scratch but maybe it will prevent others.

9a2441a18e9b7b4742f4a999bc1a31f6.jpg

Last edited:

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, so I just had android chrome totally screw me over. During swype typing I some how highlighted most of my reply and the next word deleted everything.. making me aware that chrome has no undo feature! Welcome to 1989 folks, jesus christ.

One of the main reason i skipped s8 and got G6...and lovin my G6 ...and mainly flat screen and dual camera and battery life..around 2 days with 5 to 6 hrs Sot...i had s7 edge last year and i know the pain of finding a good screen protector...i wish Samsung goes back to flat screen option on flagships

I have to admit after personally experiencing the difficulties cases and protectors have with the curved screen it is no longer the bees knees. Unless the s9 finally has a scratch proof screen I will not be going for a curved screen again. Still I would have very much gotten the G6 had it been priced cheaper. Unfortunatly they priced it very close to the s8 and the s8 had the newer cpu, the next generation of bluetooth, twice the internal memory, and their note 7 blunder has made them focus on the battery technology while everyone else is still treating it like a basic component. Also I am still hopeful that vr will finally make a break through software wise and the samsung vr/controller looks good.

Anyways, my Xtreme guard polyurethane skin is still doing well. The slight bubbling in the bottom corners due to the case are negligible and it isn't going to get worse over time. And remember while it doesn't feel as good or look as good, polyurethane is the better protection as it effectively distributes shock and does not destroy itself doing its job. I still have the original polyurethane skin from bestskinsever on my ipod 3g. -_-

They are cheap on ebay and are an ideal hold over until someone can perfect the tempered glass like whitestone seems to be doing.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Using this on the front and back of my phone because I couldn't find a screen protector that worked well.

Doubt it will hide your scratch but maybe it will prevent others.

I dunno I think that liquid glass is the biggest bunch of snake oil out there. It want's you to believe they can add some super thin coating of film that gorilla glass doesn't know about that makes it super tough to scratching and increase its scratch resist point from 6 to 9. Yea..right.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it always catches us off guard when we get that first scratch. I know personally I have scratched my new iPhone screen in the first few days then after a year I look at it and it has 2 scratches.

I hope my s8 screen is up to the task. I will use a case at all times but no screen protector.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Tech21 Anti-Scratch which is designed for the 8+ and they installed it before I left the store but it has a tool to use to apply it and it covered the screen perfectly and it fit right into the Otterbox case. Now this screen protector does not go all the way over to the edges which makes it better. With my 7 Edge I had to replace mine several times because the case would peel up one edge or the other but this one fits really nice on the 8+.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised. It'll scratch eventually. Phones aren't meant to be scratch free 100%. Sorry to hear but overtime you'll get used to it. Try to get a screen protector for it if you can. Look for "case friendly" protectors. I'm sorta like you, I'm OCD too when it comes to scratches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards