Bluetooth in car

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Same I have to turn off bluetooth on the watch before phone connects to car. Then I can turn back on bluetooth on the S2 after it connects.

It seems like anything with more than just standard A2DP functionality causes issues with the samsung accessory service.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
No problems here. Phone connects normally, whether I'm wearing the watch or not. Using the S2 with a Galaxy S4 phone.

Keep in mind that your problem could be with the car. Try looking through the Bluetooth settings on the car and see if the watch is connecting, and if you're offered an option to ignore it.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Eh, not the car. I'm kinda a phone/watch nerd. I have gone through almost every watch on the market besides the Iwatch and have never had this issue before.
Even with the original Gear S it worked fine(tried it with my Priv to be sure also). Does the same thing on my fiance's carkit in her hyundai. Never had any issues before this watch. It looks as if the watch takes bluetooth priority. Also my phone always answers with the watch as if it is a headset..

Now if I connect my watch to my S6e none of these issues exist. So it's a nonsamsung phone issue it looks like, interesting.

patton02

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No issues with that here. I had issues like that with the LG Urbane. The Gear S handled all of it correctly as well.

Posted via Note 5

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
When I enter my car with the Gear S2 & Plantronic headset connected to my S6E, the headset gets disconnected from my phone but not the Gear S2. Then my S6E connects to my car. So the Gear S2 always maintains connection to my phone.

gerstyd

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a nexus 6, and had problems connecting to my car. to fix it, go into the bluetooth "more settings" on your phone and uncheck "phone audio". this will solve your problem. If you want to use your watch as a speaker then you have to recheck it, but I rarely use my phone as such. Hope this helps.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the s2 classic paired to a Sony z5c. It connects to my 2013 Chrysler 300 just fine. Just adding my experience to help eliminate potential causes.

Posted via the Android Central App

mondieu

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
No problem here; what model do you have? I have the R730 and no issues connecting with the phone while the watch is engaged with BT on the phone... Haven't tried to connect the BT on the Gear S2 to the car BT but, I really don't want too to save battery...

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I am using the S2 with Nexus 6P. My vehicle is a chrysler (RAM) with uconnect system. The Nexus 6p has worked flawlessly with it. First day with the watch on and connected, I answered a call and about 30 seconds into the conversation the audio dropped out (still showed phone as connected to the car), and then briefly after this, the phone disconnected completely from the car. As soon as I hung up the call, the phone would connect back to the car. If I tried to make a call again, it would disconnect the audio from the car, and then disconnect completely from the car. Since this happened the first trip after I put the watch on I figured it was the watch. Seeing this thread confirms that it is indeed the watch.

s3xybrotha

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
No problem at all here. Gear s2 with note 4 and 2015 prius. Watch and car are both connected to phone at same time.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

619alejandro

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello i had the same problems now they're solved. Get "bluetooth auto connect" app, click "devices", prioritize your BT devices by sliding your car's device to the top position. Then go back to main menu, click the checkmark on " device connected". Reboot phone. Fixed!
Now when you turn your car on while wearing your smartwatch, your phone will automatically disconnect from your watch and connect to your car and will reconnect to your smartwatch when you turn your car off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid