Bluetooth No Longer Connects Automatically

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I have upgraded to the latest Oxygen OS but now my Bluetooth earphones no longer connect automatically. I have to go into Bluetooth menu, find the sucker, and then connect manually. Such a drag.

How do I make it so that it connects automatically like it did before the OS install?

Halp :)

Thank you for any assistance.

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
So poking/prodding at this a bit... turns out I can connect the device by pressing the power button as soon as it powers on. Didn't have to do this with the previous OS, nor w/ any other Droid phone. Guess that's "progress" :p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So poking/prodding at this a bit... turns out I can connect the device by pressing the power button as soon as it powers on. Didn't have to do this with the previous OS, nor w/ any other Droid phone. Guess that's "progress" :p
Im still Android 11 on my 7pro T McLaren edition and not sure if it will make it to Android 12:(
Maybe its a good thing lol

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Im still Android 11 on my 7pro T McLaren edition and not sure if it will make it to Android 12:(
Maybe its a good thing lol

It has been one thing after another for me. My $200 was so much better than this $600 with the most basic of fundamentals. Bluetooth has been an absolute disaster/challenge from the start. So remarkable how a tech can be so "mature" but still cannot work in the most basic of circumstances.

So it turns out a day later I cannot make this feature work consistently. It only connects after I do the manual menu thingie first. $600 for this. :p

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It has been one thing after another for me. My $200 was so much better than this $600 with the most basic of fundamentals. Bluetooth has been an absolute disaster/challenge from the start. So remarkable how a tech can be so "mature" but still cannot work in the most basic of circumstances.

So it turns out a day later I cannot make this feature work consistently. It only connects after I do the manual menu thingie first. $600 for this. :p
Are you on Android 13 yet?

Sometimes updates mess things up where u have to wait and see if next update fixes things especially One plus device get bugs after major updates more so then others. Have you tried resetting network see if it helps? Only thing u have to re-enter wifi passwords .

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I am on the Oxygen OS whichever one that is :D (just checked it is saying Android 13)

I did try resetting network before for other issues, and it predictably did not do much. Doing it again here I do get connected now on power-up w/o any button pushing. I will wait a few days here before spiking the football, however. :D

I appreciate the pointer and will update here with further news.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am on the Oxygen OS whichever one that is :D (just checked it is saying Android 13)

I did try resetting network before for other issues, and it predictably did not do much. Doing it again here I do get connected now on power-up w/o any button pushing. I will wait a few days here before spiking the football, however. :D

I appreciate the pointer and will update here with further news.
Ok hopefully 2nd around works , keep us posted!

Mike-EEE

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
So far so good. Looks like the network reset worked. FWIW I did try to pair/unpair but that did not do the trick. Thank you for the pointer, @mustang7757. Happy Holidays to you out there.