bluetooth not pairing properly with BMW after update to 4.3

eabram1@yahoo.com

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Verizon pushed the update onto my phone, and now the Bluetooth connection keeps getting cut off. I now have Android 4.3 and BMW Software for Telephone TX-003.005.006. I also updated the BMW software. I have tried all various solutions, and even brought it to the dealer. They cannot fix the problem, but say that BMW doesn't yet support Android 4.3. Is that true? Is it possible? What are potential remedies?

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you completely remove the phone from your car and your car from the phone? Try doing so, I had to do that to mine to get paired after the update.

bimmerguy14

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Verizon pushed the update onto my phone, and now the Bluetooth connection keeps getting cut off. I now have Android 4.3 and BMW Software for Telephone TX-003.005.006. I also updated the BMW software. I have tried all various solutions, and even brought it to the dealer. They cannot fix the problem, but say that BMW doesn't yet support Android 4.3. Is that true? Is it possible? What are potential remedies?

My update to 4.4 broke everything except calling, did you figure out a fix?

Posted via Android Central App

Dennis McCarthy

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with the Galaxy 5. After several hours on the phone with Samsung I have concluded that they are clueless. This is a dangerous situation - users cannot use hands free and must deal with the G5. Accidents will occur! Online hundreds of users have expressed problems with pairing. Samsung is not only silent but when questioned do not understand the issue!

I'm reverting to the iPhone.

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
They cannot fix the problem, but say that BMW doesn't yet support Android 4.3. Is that true?

No, it isn't true. I have an '08 BMW, model/price irrelevant IMO, and haven't had a problem with 4.2.2, 4.3, or 4.4.2. As far as I know, my car hasn't had any software updates since I purchased it in '08. Unless they can provide documentation saying BMW doesn't support 4.3, then they're lying to you because they can't diagnose/solve the issue. But that's just my opinion based on my experience with my car. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk