Bluetooth not staying on after February update?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On the February update here, my Bluetooth is perfectly fine. Not disconnecting or turning off by itself.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I noticed after the update it won't stay enabled. I turn it on and use it but when I am trying to connect it to the same device again it ends up not being enabled and I don't even disable it. I have to always enable Bluetooth again. I think the February update caused this issue.

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. If I turn it on, it shuts itself off after a while. I only use it in my car so I don't notice it right away but everytime I enter my car, I need to turn my bluetooth back on. REALLY annoying. There's a post on reddit with a lot of people experiencing this issue.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. If I turn it on, it shuts itself off after a while. I only use it in my car so I don't notice it right away but everytime I enter my car, I need to turn my bluetooth back on. REALLY annoying. There's a post on reddit with a lot of people experiencing this issue.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I hope we don't have to wait until the next security update to get this fixed.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I enrolled in the beta a while back, and just unenrolled, which gave me the Feb 2017 update.
BT disconnects itself.
I hope Google is watching/listening.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine's doing the same thing where it's disabling itself. I have a Moto 360 Sport connected to it, and every once in a while I notice that the watch says it's disconnected and I check my phone and notice that BT is turned off. Super annoying.

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if it's related but Smartlock seems to disable itself too. I need to restart the phone to make it work. Doing this on stock Pixel launcher, no lockscreen modification...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started doing this over the weekend.. My first real issue with my Pixel XL since I got it... Driving down the road streaming music and all of a sudden my car says not connected... Did the same thing with my Fitbit...Hopefully they can fix it on the next update????

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pebble watch that has a special vibration when it isn't connected to Bluetooth so I tend to notice during the day when it Bluetooth dies. It happened three times yesterday--one apparently at night. Normally it doesn't matter, but when I'm driving and it isn't connected, it can be a bit of a bother.

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pebble watch that has a special vibration when it isn't connected to Bluetooth so I tend to notice during the day when it Bluetooth dies. It happened three times yesterday--one apparently at night. Normally it doesn't matter, but when I'm driving and it isn't connected, it can be a bit of a bother.

Just realized I don't have the February update yet.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Pixel users continue to be the beta testers for Google updates. The joys and sorrows of being the first to get updates. It really surprises me how many bluetooth issues Google has had with the Pixels. You would think the programmers (nerds:)) at Google would be using all kinds of bluetooth devices.

Bob-S7

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
My problems started after the upgrade too but it's slightly different. I am no longer paired to my car but I do not see a keypad to enter the code on my phone when I try to pair it. I suspect it's an overlay issue but cannot figure out how to see the keyboard.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

WClark57

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Well I had problems for a couple days and hadn't loaded the update. I've been on the update for a couple days now and don't have a problem.