Bluetooth not staying on after February update?

trevcole

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
sorry if i'm on the wrong page ,i'm new to this...my car is a 64 plate honda civic and my mobile is a xperia z3 compact,suffering the same connect disconnect problems since the last update,

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Add me to the list of people with bluetooth issues. I was on the beta program then unrolled and now my phone will not connect to my car. Deleted the car from the phone and the phone from the car and started over, and it pairs then disconnects right away. So annoying!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of people with bluetooth issues. I was on the beta program then unrolled and now my phone will not connect to my car. Deleted the car from the phone and the phone from the car and started over, and it pairs then disconnects right away. So annoying!

It's not limited to just bring connected to the car. It has also happened when I was connected to my Plantronics Bluetooth headset. There is no pattern at all. I just hope it's fixed with the next update.

anj109

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Same thing here even with the latest 02/05 security update. Bluetooth disconnects, smart lock doesn't work, and OK Google isn't recognized.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Since the Feb update, mine has shut off randomly a few times. My biggest gripe is that sometimes it connects to my truck fine, other times I have to toggle BT off/on to get it to connect. I've tried Safe mode a few times, and it seems to connect every time without a problem. I just can't leave my phone in Safe mode, it disables too many things.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else notice that Bluetooth is turning itself off after the February update?

Mine drops while in my car goes from the car audio to headset and back again. My Nose headphones seem to refuse to drop and just get static from time to time, my guess is when the Pixel decides to drop WiFi.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth turning off (being disabled) automatically
by Orrin - Pixel Community Manager Feb 13

Hey All,

We have been hearing a few reports from Pixel users on the latest February security build (NOF26V/NOF26W) that are experiencing issues with bluetooth becoming disabled at random times. For those of you experiencing this, can you post your specific situation here. Are there any patterns for when you experience this? Is it only after using a specific app? When you go into Bluetooth through settings, is it disabled completely? I may be reaching out to a few of you privately to collect bug reports as well.

Thanks!

Update 2/23 - Thank you all for your detailed feedback, and to those that submitted bug reports. It has been extremely helpful. The team has identified a fix, and it will be rolling out in an upcoming release. I'll keep you all posted with any other details!

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This ^

Must toggle Bluetooth off and on (on the phone) to get it to connect to my car.

Side note, my new car has a charging pad in it. Really miss not having a Qi charging phone now!

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Any fix for this yet? My wife just got a Pixel yesterday and the bluetooth started cutting off on it's own. Have had to turn it back on three times in a little over a day.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Any fix for this yet? My wife just got a Pixel yesterday and the bluetooth started cutting off on it's own. Have had to turn it back on three times in a little over a day.
The March update has fixed this for many...I haven't had my BT shut off since the update

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Just weighing-in again on this.

My BT is shuts off at the same rate that it was shutting off prior to the update.
Smartlock also stops working randomly as of the Feb update - that hasn't been fixed either, for me.

Go42

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Mine and Wife's XL both still have BT disabled issues still. Plus WiFi smart assistant disabled and more. Fun. NOT. Back to iPhone when the 8 comes along.

taraji

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after the update it won't stay enabled. I turn it on and use it but when I am trying to connect it to the same device again it ends up not being enabled and I don't even disable it. I have to always enable Bluetooth again. I think the February update caused this issue.

I am having this also. I have 2 Fitbits, LG bluetooth headset and my car Bluetooth. I have noticed that if I am not using my LG headset my Bluetooth automatically disconnects. My SMART lock randomly works. I will continue to monitor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sH4D0Wm4N