Bluetooth shuts off

redbird

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
need to know how to have bluetooth head set run on the phone even when I disconnect the headset. I turn the headset on and off alot during the day and do not want to reconnect it each time.

redbird

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe anyone else is not having the same problem. You turn off the headset and it turns off the bluetooth connection on the phone. But, when you turn on the headset you need to manually turn on the phone bluetooth connection again...every time.

Is there a workaround?

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a blue ant car bluetooth (I think it is a ST3). I have only had the phone since Friday, but the ST3 worked fine for most of the weekend. I'm not sure exactly when it started to mess up, but I did add two more bluetooths on Monday morning. My bluetooth status says that it is on, but it just won't let the devices connect unless I go into settings and click on it. Is there anyway to reset the phone that might clear this up?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
My BlueAnt Super Tooth Lite and my Moment

I'm using a blue ant car bluetooth (I think it is a ST3). I have only had the phone since Friday, but the ST3 worked fine for most of the weekend. I'm not sure exactly when it started to mess up, but I did add two more bluetooths on Monday morning. My bluetooth status says that it is on, but it just won't let the devices connect unless I go into settings and click on it. Is there anyway to reset the phone that might clear this up?

I was going to make almost the exact post as this. When I first paired the phone to the BA V1 all I had to do was get near the BlueAnt and they would pair. Now I have to go to settings and pair them. WTF is going on. :mad:

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been reading on other forums and it seems to be a common problem with the Moment, and as far as I can tell, there is no fix for it. It seems everyone is hoping for an update. I hate this about this phone. It's my biggest complaint.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I yesterday my phone today and reinstalled most of my apps and everything else. I blanked my pairing history in one of my bluetooth devices (blue ant ST3), and then repaired it. So far, the auto connect has been working. I'm not going to try to add anymore devices until next week at least to see if it continues to work. I've only had the phone for about 6 days, so there wasn't that much to download and configure. I use google for contacts, so that was easy. I figure it took me an hour to get it all done.

ZimLanfire

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Same deal here. Bluetooth will be on, but won't auto-connect with an already paired headset. I've got to go into the settings and manually tell it to connect.

Doesn't happen ALL the time, but more often than not.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok, my phone's bluetooth went back to only connecting if I went and selected the device in the "bluetooth setting" area. I called Sprint support last Friday to figure out what I had to do to get the phone fixed. The guy put me on hold for about 3-4 minutes and then asked me to put the phone "dicoverable" in the bluetooth settings. I didn't believe it would make any difference (it only stays discoverable for 120 seconds), but now the phone's bluetooth works fine. It has been working fine since Friday around 2:00pm (PST) and is still working now (now is Monday 12:55pm PST). If you are having this problem, give it a try.

cliffu

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Some Diagnosis for BT issues on Moment

My Moment was working fine until I installed "Battery Widget" from mippin.com from the Android marketplace. Then my BT devices (car, headset, etc.) no longer would automatically synch and I had to connect them manually from the Moment menu.

Sprint was worthless..."try resetting your phone to factory settings"...they have no idea they have this issue, or when it will be fixed in the firmware and/or Android updates.

My workaround seems to be to make the Moment BT discoverable each time I turn it on. Then it will continue to connect automatically until it turns off again. It seems like there is something that is loaded when it's discoverable that is needed for connecting automatically. I wish I knew what that was and how to automate this process at boot...any ideas?

Good luck.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. I only need to make bluetooth discoverable again after I turn the phone off and on and I think when I install apps from the market. I have made it part of my power up routine.

jsand721

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I just added the new update and now my bluetooth wont find any devices at all tried putting it discoverable mode and nothing what shall i do next?

dewey brunner

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a new samsung moment with 2.1 update. Have tried many combinations to get voice dial to work. I have the Blueant s4, which I feel the best on the market today.
With s4 turned off voice dialing, by pushing button on side, works just fine with voice saying "say a command". When s4 turned on, with phone on, all works, howver, the phone will not "say a command". I have to wait about three seconds, then speak to bluetooth to "call" or whatever and give name. If I do a forced turnoff of the moment, then turn on, it will connect and will "say a command" as it should."
The problem is, when returning to car, after connection broken, give s4 to say "phone commands", and you want to voice dial, you do not know when to speak, just anticipate a few seconds, then say a command. If I do a forced phone turn off, then all works, til next time you disconnect with bluetooth.
If anyone has and workaround or different settings, let me know. The 2.2 update clears all this up. Of course, we do not know if we, with moments, will get. thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly