Bought and Owned Music not showing up in downloaded only in Google Play Music

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi.

I just noticed today that my Google Play Music was using a bunch of data because of the songs I play in my car offline. So I went into offline mode by clicking Downloaded Only in settings. But none of the songs show up in my library now while I'm offline. These are songs that I've uploaded from my computer and songs I've bought in the Play Store.
So why is my music not showing up and how can I make it show up?

Nebushkow

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi, welcome!
Can you move them off the SD card to Internal storage see if maybe issue with SD card .

My SD shares storage with my internal storage. When I look under "Storage" - "Internal Shared Storage" - "Music and Audio" it shows that I have 1.39 GB under " Audio Files". But when I tap Audio files it shows that there are no items. Now I'm confused...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My SD shares storage with my internal storage. When I look under "Storage" - "Internal Shared Storage" - "Music and Audio" it shows that I have 1.39 GB under " Audio Files". But when I tap Audio files it shows that there are no items. Now I'm confused...
If your SD capable of adoptable storage I would make it portable storage .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Google Play Music app, then tap Menu>Music Library, and find an album or song you want to save locally. Tap the 3-vertical-dot menu button associated with the album and tap Download. That should keep a locally saved copy of the music, which you can then play offline.

Nebushkow

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
Open the Google Play Music app, then tap Menu>Music Library, and find an album or song you want to save locally. Tap the 3-vertical-dot menu button associated with the album and tap Download. That should keep a locally saved copy of the music, which you can then play offline.

Oh. That fixed it... I assumed that they were downloaded already. Is there a way to let Google Play automatically download purchased music? Or do you have to manually download albums/songs all the time?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it has to be manually downloaded each time, since the idea of GPM is to stream from the cloud. The GPM app also caches your music while you stream, so if you listen for a while, and then go offline, you will see a bunch of those songs you streamed still available offline.

Nebushkow

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
I think it has to be manually downloaded each time, since the idea of GPM is to stream from the cloud. The GPM app also caches your music while you stream, so if you listen for a while, and then go offline, you will see a bunch of those songs you streamed still available offline.

I see. Well I intended to use it as a way to listen to downloaded music and now I can. Without using data...
Thanks for the help.