Brand New Down-Graded EVO Screen

DannRathers

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new evo from sprint..when placed next to each other..the 002 is darker..but more vivid like people said. Im not sure if I like it or not..it is brighter..but i never have my screen at 100%..like 30-40%..

I'm sure they prob used another screen from a company that could make them faster probably to keep up the demand.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
What I wanna know is how did you find out that your evo 003 had an Epson screen? I have a 003 and did a test and found out that it has a Nova screen. I hope you did a test to see which screen was on your unit. Not every and new 003 has a Epson screen. Some like mine are 003 hardware and a nova screen.

pbtxit

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
How do you find out what screen you have? I have 003 hardware and my evo is flawless, the screen looks great to me!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I would say stop right there.

No one has had 3 EVO returns. And you are already wanting a 4th. Get different phone. Do it today. I absolutely guarantee that you will be miserable with the 4th and 5th and 100th.

You two were simply not meant to be together.

Sorry but speak for your self, most of mine have been hardware failures out of the box and two bricked units due to the update. So far (knock on wood) this one has been great, no bleed,pixel, separation Nada. I was starting to think fate didn't want me to have this phone. I even got to use my screen guard so everyone say a prayer.

I do see a very small difference but not a problem. I like the colors of my 0003 model.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You can find out what screen you have by downloading android terminal emulator. Once open type "dmesg" and hit enter. Once its done, scroll up and look for <7> line with mddi. It's should say something like MIDI_nova or espon , its ether MIDI or mddi

Reactions: rem_kujawa

sum_n00b

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So here's the situation I'm in personally, with one day to decide if I should exchange or not.

I have a raised bottom edge, light leaking around the entire screen, dust accumulating in the top left corner and a few specs everywhere else under the glass, a battery cover that has never fit properly (don't care too much about that one), and a power button that seems like it's sinking into the case.

So I either keep this one with these fairly important issues or exchange it for one that might have a poorer quality screen, the most visible and arguably most important part of the whole phone. Great.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Are you kidding me? are you that picky that you are on your 3rd device which you are now going to get rid of because it does not have the exact same screen as the early models that were released (only a very very similar one)

Please give your phone back and move on people like you are the ones who waste a company like HTCs time and resources inspecting and replacing your phone every week when they could be focusing on improving software on the device.

Sorry for being harsh but this is the flat out truth you are nitpicking like a 4 year old girl.

I agree 100%. Too many whiners that expect a perfect phone in every way. Its not gonna happen. I love all that my EVO is, not what it isnt.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm not whining like I said my launch day evo wouldn't communicate with the tower, two bricked evo's and one with a butt load of dust under the screen. Some people do have bad luck so we should try to help and not criticize them. look at how many people went through pre's I only had two of those.

so my point is if this guy doesn't like screen give him some helpful advise. I would bring your phone back and ask them to do a comparison between another one maybe they will work with you. maybe an incredible or something with an amoled screen would work better. well best of luck and I hope things work out for you.

Last edited:

pbtxit

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
You can find out what screen you have by downloading android terminal emulator. Once open type "dmesg" and hit enter. Once its done, scroll up and look for <7> line with mddi. It's should say something like MIDI_nova or espon , its ether MIDI or mddi

Thanks for your help

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Your welcome. I can't take all the credit, someone else walked me step by step for this app and I found out I have a Novatech Screen in my Evo version 003

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I say if it bothers u that much switch to a amoled display... To me its really not that serious... most people who look at ur phone wont sit there in ahhhhh over the color of your screen anyways... Mines is good enough...

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Your welcome. I can't take all the credit, someone else walked me step by step for this app and I found out I have a Novatech Screen in my Evo version 003

Cool I'll give it a try.;)

epsin for me and the screen looks great for me.

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can tell the difference but after you start using the Epson screen, its more easy on the eyes and eventually when you look at the Novatec screen you'll notice it's now too blue lol. My epson build seems better also than my novatec one. Speaker is a little louder and camera has more natural look when I view the pics on my pc. Also no more glowing softkeys like the novatec screen which I'm sure was draining power.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Pretty neat App. I have 003 and a Epson screen. I don't and have not had any issues with my EVO.

I agree with a few of you other guys... This phone and this guy are just not meant to be together. Get another phone... Maybe a "Retina" display is more to your liking?
:D

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a few issues with my phone. A tad bit of screen lifting, a little light leakage, a cosmetic issues with one of the graphics on one of the capacitive buttons.

But hey, the phone works, it's fast, and I enjoy using it. That's good enough for me to keep it.

What exactly are people expecting from their phone? Perfection? Perfection isn't possible, but trying to achieve it using a assembly-line production approach... well, you're either going to fail miserably, or you'll run up costs and miss all production schedules.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You can tell the difference but after you start using the Epson screen, its more easy on the eyes and eventually when you look at the Novatec screen you'll notice it's now too blue lol. My epson build seems better also than my novatec one. Speaker is a little louder and camera has more natural look when I view the pics on my pc. Also no more glowing softkeys like the novatec screen which I'm sure was draining power.

Yeah, because the brand if the display totally affects how the camera, buttons, and speakers behave. C'mon...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostbytes