Brand new HTC Desire 826 camera got non responsive after two shots. What could the problem be?

A

AC Question

Brand new HTC Desire 826 camera got non responsive after two shots.

I am an Indian working in Jordan and I bought a HTC desire 826 from Kerala, India. It reached me through my friend on 01-05-2015. But unfortunately the camera got non responsive after taking two photos. The message was "Camera stopped unexpectedly". I chated with HTC India site and as suggested by them, removed cache, rebooted, soft factory reset and hard factory reset. Nothing helped. Now I have to send it back to India through somebody and got it shown in authorised service centre. Here in Jordan, I couldn't find any authorised service centres. Any solution ?. Is it because purely corrupted software ? or any manufacturing defect ?

Danny Faith

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

There's so many reasons for the smartphone's camera to stop working properly but from my experience the most reason is all about the cache or memory. I've been using iPhone since 1 generation until iPhone 5 and a couple of Nokia, Blackberry and HTC as well. Since they're all smartphones with so many functions coming in one piece of cake so we can not expect them to work really "right" as a real camera. My job request a lot of photo shootings that lasting sometimes up to an hour and I notice that all the smartphone's cameras begin to jam and stop functioning for a while and they all happened in some different syndromes like : getting slower process, lagging but still working, blacking out and stopping completely.

Don't be panic and try to do these :
1/For iPhone : Just restart and you're good to go.
2/For HTC and others : shut down the phone for 5 minutes and wait until it gets cooler down then power on again. This can give the smartphone enough time to delete all cache/memory and release the jam then restart with a total fresh cache. Don't try to open or fix anything inside if you're not familiar with that because all of the smartphones are high-tech products and need a certain skillful hand.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,
Danny

vgnair2004

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Danny,

I switched off the phone and restarted after 10mins. The camera did work -hoping that I dont face this problem again. Other than that, let me also share what I did before I followed Danny's advise:
1) Installed another Camera App (camera 360) - the camera still did not work
2) Restarted the phone - the camera still did not work

Cheers
Venu

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
HTC Desire 826 I`m facing CAMERA trouble shooting problem, is clear that is not only my fone is group of phones, so I`m in Brazil and HTC do not care about this because here they dont sell anything more, so how can I replace my phone whre is the HTC closer I can swich for a new one, I both in HK china.

thanks,

Nonoy Go

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Found a fix to your problem (i got the same problem and htc does not care to support phones that are not sold in the country of their origin arrg! So i figured it out myself)
1) try to install other camera apps, if the problem persists do a reset
2) if it does not work, shut down and restart after 10 mins
3) if no, do a factory reset ( backup pls)
4) if no, check if the flashlight is working. If no, the problem is the firmware. You will need to remove the back cover and detach the battery from the phone. Be careful though, the battery is attached in the back cover so you will need to remove it slowly. After that put back all the pieces together and viola! It is working again

12345anki

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
thank u so much.. it helped me recover my camera and flash light quite nicely. thank u so much.. the customer care dint bother much with support and the service centres said to submit the ph we will return back after 20 days.. and then i searched on net for answers and viola i found your response and i followed the last step and now my ph is running smoothly.. thank u so much:) :) O:)O:)

Alekii

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Found a fix to your problem (i got the same problem and htc does not care to support phones that are not sold in the country of their origin arrg! So i figured it out myself)
4) if no, check if the flashlight is working. If no, the problem is the firmware. You will need to remove the back cover and detach the battery from the phone. Be careful though, the battery is attached in the back cover so you will need to remove it slowly. After that put back all the pieces together and viola! It is working again

THE last or fourth option perfectly worked for me...i was almost losing hop bt i can now confirm that by carefully detaching the clip connecting the htc battery n clipin it back without interfering with the phones wiring will bring back your camera n flash light to life.
Big ups to Nonoy Go...it works perfectly

Last edited by a moderator:

Shazuleen1

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site

Hi, I know this is quite an old post, but thanks a lot for this, the 4th step worked perfectly, i was about to throw my HTC Desire 826 in the garbage, and decided to follow these steps as a last resort, and was very skeptical in removing the battery, but it worked out, thanks a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware