Breaking Point....

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems like there has been a slight improvement since contacting Apple - give it a few days (if possible) and see if the issue is straightened out. Hate to see a S5 users, who seems to be enjoying the phone, leave due to something that is out of your control.

Keep us posted.

adam13141

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Have your friend that just tried to send you the message hold his finger on the message bubble until he gets the options to come up: it should give him a choice of copy and more. If he clicks on "more" it should give him the option to send as a text instead of imessage. Usually if you do that a few times his phone will recognize that you are no longer on an iphone and send as SMS

This is exactly how I solved the issue. Every one of my iPhone friends who did this only had to do it once, and then from then on when they text me it automatically went as a text and not an imessage. Also, if you have your iPhone friends delete your conversation thread on their iPhones, it will solve the issue, as the iPhone no longer has an iMessage history in the phone for that phone number.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Class action, class action, class action. They will deny everything, put up an ad for database or cloud engineer....in six months nobody even remembers it used to be a problem.

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem twice in the past. Switching from iPhone 4 to GS3, and then from GS3 to iPhone 4 (after I broke my GS3), back to GS3. It was a nightmare.

As if texting with iphone users (especially in groups!) isn't hard enough. I called apple a ton of times, and I do have to say they were the most helpful. I would call your service provider maybe once, but apple was the way to go for support, for sure. They were very nice and TRIED to help, or so it seemed, but there was not much they could do.

They even had me put my SIM card back in the iPhone, turn off imessage, log out of everything, etc... The issue is that you can't change the imessage settings that include a phone number on the iPhone when it doesn't have a card in it. You'll see the number is grayed out. That was part of the problem for me. But, even after I did everything they said (the second time, especially, which was only 5 months ago), I was still missing texts from iPhone users. However, it slowly progressed to the point where the messages would actually not SEND on their part. So they would be notified "message not sent, send as text message?," which was a huge step up imo. After a few weeks the problem did iron itself out.

Post a message on social media or whatever to tell people not to text you without deleting you and adding you as a contact. Or to tell them to make sure that "the message is green." Gosh, apple users don't even know the difference between iMessage and SMS, just know how to see colors. Hang in there, don't give in!!

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd say as of now about 15 out of 20 people that I text using iphones are coming thru fine. The is users who's iphones are still attempting to send me imessages I asked to delete me as a contact and add me back then send me a text. All 5 of them still attempted to send me imessages lol. At this point I can live with it because they a know what's going on and can force a text thru to me if needed although people forget to do that and just hit send most times and think it has been sent to me. Besides being very very annoying for such a basic everyday task I'm not giving in. I can live with it for now but the fact I'm still dealing with it for well over a month now is getting ridiculous! I've tried everything I've been able to find on the Internet as and on here and it just seems it's a bug or whatever on apples end. I like apple products but this is some sneaky (inappropriate language edited by Moderator) my friends!

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Something to be aware of.. if you were at one point involved in a group imessage. The thread thread can reactivate an iPhone user to recognize your phone as an iPhone again. Even if all the steps above were taken.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

hirshey21

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issues. I had to remove myself from imessage, have myself deleted from others icloud contacts, and force send Sms. Still only worked half the time. Eventually.... A couple months later, it stopped. I'd think twice before using a iphone again. I keep my iPad signed out of icloud/imessage

Posted via Android Central App

Zabigayle

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Have your friends delete their message threads from you. When I switched I had my family/friends delete the texts from me and that seemed to help.

gdruin74

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had no issue switching from iPhone to Nexus. Turned off iMessage on phone, iPad and Mac before switching number.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app