Budget phone with best global coverage

Tahoku

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for a budget (around USD 200) phone, maybe something like a Xiaomi, Umidigi, Cubot etc. The most important factor is for it to have global network coverage as I travel to many countries. My second most required spec is decent Rom as I use a lot of apps. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. As far as "decent ROM" and "use a lot of apps", one really has nothing to do with the other. If an app is developed to use the version of Android the phone is running, it works, whatever the ROM variation is. Manufacturers' variations don't normally cause an app to stop working. (Some of them make mistakes, but things like that are fixed by updates.)

2. As for global coverage, you have to look at the bands used in the countries you'll be in (there are plenty of sites to find that information - google cellphone frequencies by country, then match the frequencies you need against the phone. Finding one phone that will work in most countries on multiple continents probably isn't possible, so you might end up needing a second phone for voice,and text and use the main phone for computing power and WiFi if you need connectivity.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
OnePlus phones seem to have the most bands on their devices. But you should check the carrier bands and the bands supported by the device.

I have a Meizu M15 and an Oppo R15 right now and they support very few bands and in North America they support maybe one band on one network for 4G/LTE coverage. I have used Umidigi and Cubot and they have equally poor coverage depending on the model.

Xiaomi is also decent but usually their higher end offerings support more bands - Mi Note 2, Mi Mix 2 and Mi 8 had good band coverage.

I travel a lot for work as well and good coverage is important to me.

I currently use a Google Pixel 2XL which is quite good as well.

riyapatel

Jul 31, 2019
Visit site
Moto Z2 Force is a perfect mobile for all the countries because of it has its frequencies (Frequency Quad-Band GSM, LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13 UMTS: Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band IV (1700/2100), Band V (850), Band VIII (900)) and it has also very impressive quality in cameras as well as it has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM.

In addition, this mobile phone also convenient in price also compare to other mobile phones like the iPhone, Samsung mobile, and so on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86