Buying a battery

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my phone for about a week(love it :)) .... And yeah I've knew the battery was gonna suck but Geez...... I'm dead by 7PM!... Anyways... I'm looking into buying an extended battery (either a 2100 or a 3800) ...for those of you that went from stock battery to 2100... How noticeable was the improvement? (I'm a heavy user most of the time) because of I'm dead by 7 and with the 2100 I'll be dead by 10... Well it wouldn't seem worth it and I'd just go with the 3800. I'd rather hold of on the bulk if at all possible... But I don't mind the 3800..any feedback on actual hours gained would help for either battery... Thanks for the help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The 2100 mah works great for me and the improvement was quite noticeable. With moderate usage, I can go about 14 hours, but it really depends upon individual usage. I tried going back to the 1850 mah battery and couldn't. The 2100 mah is just enough for me, but you're right that you may get only 2-3 more hours out of it depending upon your usage. If you want beyond that, 3800 mah would be the one to get.

Reactions: doncerda

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks... My nerdy android buddy did the calculations for me just now and yeah it seems like I'll just get 2 more hours.... Not enough for basically the same price... 3800 it is =).

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Freaking awesome... I'm going for the 3800 on Friday, case and all... Yeah buddy!

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the seido 3800 and case to match, best add on I bought for any cell phone yet, I get the entire day out of it now, (5am to 9pm) yesterday was the 1st day it went it red before I went to bed. I also am using AOKP build 35 ROM.

Reactions: doncerda

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well $101 for the 3800 and Seido case (good to hear someone liked it) and $80~90 for the 2100... So yes.. Basically the same price for me (Amazon)

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just for everyone's info there is another option which is an external battery. I just bought the Anker Astro 5600 mAh, and have been charging my battery exclusively with it while I'm conditioning it.

The tradeoff is between keeping a thin phone and carrying an additional item, versus keeping a thick phone. It's probably a tossup.

JDFlint

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe the 2100mah is still on sale for $25 through VZW. May not last as long as the 3800mah but you can always carry around the stock battery as well...

Edit: Just checked VZW website and it is still $25

Last edited:

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
am i really the only one that carries around another stock battery? i can't be the only one can I?
run the stock battery down, pull it out, put in the new one and i am good to go for another 12+ hours if need be. much better option for me since i absolutely HATE extra bulk on my phone...i didn't even like the stock extended battery...lol

JDFlint

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't carry an extra stock battery. Just use the 2100 extended and carry the stock one. I'm about to attempt the stock battery cover mod so the extended works with it. Hopefully I don't screw it up lol

frandre

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
am i really the only one that carries around another stock battery? i can't be the only one can I?

Same here I bought the Samsung extra battery and dual charger. I like how slim the phone is and would much rather just throw an extra battery in the car with me when I think I'll need it. And using the sgp neo hybrid case makes the phone look much better than a huge extended battery. Also hoping 4.04 helps with battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got the battery in today, along with the case :rolleyes:....gonna let it die then give it a full test on Friday... don't mind the size at all either!! :D

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i got the Hyperion 3800 with NFC. yes, it's $20 here and yes it works very well. i can go a few days with light usage and a day if i end up using the phone and radios a lot.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the Trexcell for $20 on Amazon, I also got the Trexcel skin, I'm happy with both. I'm pretty sure the Trexcell and the Hyperion are the same battery, just branded differently, probably some Chinese battery maker that sells to small resellers who stamp their name on it. I'm getting 24 hours out of the Trexcell. The phone is much thicker and heavier but after a few days I got comfortable with the bigger dimensions.