Buying off contract

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am buying full retail. Sold some of my old phones to pay for it so pretty much is like getting it for upgrade price is what I will be paying out of my pocket anyway.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You can buy a decent laptop or tablet for the no contract Nexus.
The fact that you can put the Nexus in your pocket seals the deal for me.

Yup full pop for me...have to eat spam and cup o noodles for awhile.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Im waiting for some reviews on the US version before making a decision. I already have the Rezound which is an AMAZING phone so Im good for now.

damstr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Buying full price. Selling my iPhone 4 though four around $300 so I'm getting the nexus at the upgrade price about. Plus I think I get a military discount on the phone. :)

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I will be but I'm selling my Droid Charge and 16gb iphone 4 so that should take care of a considerable percentage of the purchase. Haven't decided if I'm gonna keep my Bolt as my backup or sell it. I've been pretty happy with it since the GB update and purchase of the fatty battery. If the Nexus blows me away like I think it will I'll probably sell my Bolt as well.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll be buying it off contract because I don't like being locked into contracts. Its more expensive but if I get ticked off enough at any carrier I can jump ship without having to think about ETF's. Phones are easily sold so that's no big deal. Also, when I did have a major issue with Verizon, when they checked my account, retentions found that I was not on contract and if I threatened to leave I had no problem doing it. OTOH, I've always found Verizon to be more than willing to work out any problems we've had between us in a fair manner.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm buying off contract to replace my Thunderbolt. Was hoping to get some good money for my Thunderbolt, but I see them on eBay not going for very much... I'd be willing to throw in the original 32GB micro SD card (and I also have the extended battery), but if I'm only going to get $100-150 for all of that, it hardly seems worth it...

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating on selling my phone for $267 and leaving me to pay $383 difference or be a good son and take my mothers upgrade..... that she has had since 2007 leaving me to pay $40 difference. Decisions Decisions. lol

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'll be exchanging my Droid RAZR for the Galaxy Nexus, but if for some reason they wouldn't take it back, I'd gladly pay full retail for the Nexus.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I shoved aside a thousand bucks (just in case) for this phone in August. So yep...I'll be throwing down some money for this thing full price on Friday (knock on wood).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali