Calendar and Contacts app

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store this weekend messing around with the Eris (and Droid). One thing I noticed that could be a deal breaker is that the contacts and calendar apps don't support landscape mode. The Droid supports it, I noticed. Is this true for the Eris, or is there a setting somewhere that allows those apps (and keyboard) to work in landscape mode?

ericsmcdonald

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was in a Verizon store this weekend messing around with the Eris (and Droid). One thing I noticed that could be a deal breaker is that the contacts and calendar apps don't support landscape mode. The Droid supports it, I noticed. Is this true for the Eris, or is there a setting somewhere that allows those apps (and keyboard) to work in landscape mode?

Just out of curiosity, why do you need it to work in landscape mode?

But you are correct, the Eris, at least in 1.5 form, does not support the calendar in landscape mode.

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why do you need it to work in landscape mode?

But you are correct, the Eris, at least in 1.5 form, does not support the calendar in landscape mode.
Thanks for the reply!

Typing on a bigger keyboard leads to less spelling errors. The portrait keyboard keys are very small...a thumb can easily cover two keys, which leads to the wrong letter being typed half the time. In landscape mode the keys are almost twice as big, leading to a lot less typing errors.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I completely agree with the need for a landscape mode! A lot of my typing on a daily basis is setting appointments on my phone. Doing that all in portrait mode does not sound like fun.

My question would be, who needs to fix this? Is this part of Sense UI, making it HTC's issue to fix, and if so, could it be as simple as one of thier planned hotfixes? Or is it an android issue? Will this be fixed by default with Android 2.0?

Will the G1 do a landscape mode for contacts or calendar?

JFeisty

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
At first I thought maybe HTC wrote their own calendar and contacts app, but is it just how Android 1.5 is? And 2.0 has landscape-able versions? Anyone know...just curious.

gadget

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
At first I thought maybe HTC wrote their own calendar and contacts app, but is it just how Android 1.5 is? And 2.0 has landscape-able versions? Anyone know...just curious.

version 1.5 has landscape mode...maybe not in HTC..i have the samsung moment and it is 1.5 and will have in both portrait/verticle and landscape/horizontal modes
However i dislike the calendar and contact setup period. It is too time consuming to use...too many steps to make entries ( and a lag as well)
I had a palm Treo 755p ...i guess its ease and quickness spoiled me. I also do not like the search/find feature on the Moment it is very poor.
I am considering looking at returning my Samsung if i cannot find apps to correct the problem...i know they will eventually arise , but i cannot work and be productive with what is in the Samsung Moment now..
If anyone knows of calendar, contact and a search/find app....please advise me...thank you all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly