Calendar appointments can't be edited

gh268

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I finally had to wipe the phone clean and set it all up again. Ask working now, albeit as well as it will with the stock Exchange client.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

jurgenhaas

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I finally had to wipe the phone clean and set it all up again. Ask working now, albeit as well as it will with the stock Exchange client.

That doesn't work in my case. I have justinstalled a brand new tablet with Andoird 4.1.1 and i get the very same effect there. That makes me think that the problem really might be caused by the Exchange server and not Android as such.

gh268

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't work in my case. I have justinstalled a brand new tablet with Andoird 4.1.1 and i get the very same effect there. That makes me think that the problem really might be caused by the Exchange server and not Android as such.

Interesting - especially since I just noticed that the Exchange client on my Xoom (4.1.) has trouble sending messages - they stay in the outbox. I had a similar problem today with my s2 as well. Mercury Retrograde or not, something's amiss.

wollerhead

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't followed up with Samsung... Been sort of living with the issue, and hoping that somehow when the Jellybean update comes along eventually it will somehow fix itself!

brianchris

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up that I had this problem with my previous phone (Samsung Infuse). I purchased a new phone over one month ago (Droid Razr Maxx HD). I am 99% sure I did *not* have the problem for most of that month. Recently, however, I accepted the offical updgrade to Jelly Bean, and ever since then I am having this problem again :(

In my research, it seems to be caused by a combination of things: Exchange 2010 (Exchange 2007, 2003, & 2013 don't seem to have this problem), and particular devices and/or device ROM updates. That being said, I haven't been able to pin down the exact cause.

I am considering a hard reset since upgrading to Jelly Bean, but I'd hate to go through all that work & the problem not be solved. Frustrating!!

ian.watts

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on Ice Cream Sammich.. Sprint rolled out the update a month or so for Jelly Bean.. still have the problem.
Ran Ex2010 SP2 and the latest rollup other than the last which was an epic fail (I think 4, and 5 was removed from MS..).. still no help.

Given that MS is screwy in that the only coexistence path from 2010 to 2013 is at 2010 SP3.. and SP3 isn't due until about June.. I see no help in sight by that. Maybe our Office 365 account will do the deal..

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have same problem on Galaxy S3 running 4.1.1 with the built in calendar app. So instead I use Business Calendar (free or $4.99 at Google Play) and the problem is solved.

Dany Gosselin

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
This is the problem I got: I can't edit appointment created from Outlook (on exchange server) using my Galaxy S3. I can only edit appointment created from the Galaxy S3.
Now, I can. The PRIMARY email address setting on the Exchange Server was not the same as the one I set on the Galaxy S3. (My account on Exchange set for 2 emails address and one is primary). So, on the S3, you can't edit appointment from other people and if your email address on the S3 is not the same as the primary on Exchange, the S3 see the appointment created on Outlook like an appointment created by someone else.

Regards,

Dany

joeyk1959

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Can you clarify, where these email addresses are found? How would your phone be sync'ing with your Exchange server with different email addresses?

Dany Gosselin

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My Outlook account is set with 2 email addresses (SMTP) : DGosselin@... and Dany.Gosselin@... . I see them when I create new email and add my email address. I right click on my email address and select Outlook properties. In the last panel, I see 2 SMTP email addresses. One of them is the primary address. You have to use the same on the S3. To solve my problem, I remove my email account and create it again with my other email address (the primary address).

Dany

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure, but it appears that Business Calendar syncs with the original Android Calendar that comes with the phone. The Android Calendar ought to sync with anything you tell it to. Of course, everything seems to be smoother if you center your operations on a Google Calendar (there are ways to sync that to Outlook but since I gave up Outlook, I'm not up to date on the best way to do it).

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Aha - here is the answer from the Business Calendar Help files: "if you want to use calendars that can be synced e.g. with Google Calendar or Exchange, you have to add the corresponding account in your Android system settings and turn on the "sync calendar" option in the details of the added account." Just be sure, when selecting calendars within the app, to avoid "my calendar", which is inside the phone, and instead pick the google and/or exchange calendars. That way you should always be synced.

myspellphone

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
This is the problem I got: I can't edit appointment created from Outlook (on exchange server) using my Galaxy S3. I can only edit appointment created from the Galaxy S3.
Now, I can. The PRIMARY email address setting on the Exchange Server was not the same as the one I set on the Galaxy S3. (My account on Exchange set for 2 emails address and one is primary). So, on the S3, you can't edit appointment from other people and if your email address on the S3 is not the same as the primary on Exchange, the S3 see the appointment created on Outlook like an appointment created by someone else.

Regards,

Dany

This solved my problem with not being able to edit exchange entries from my nexus s! Thanks so much Dany. Just a note:

It doesn't matter if you have one or more accounts. If the email address spelling is for some reason any different, you are not recognised as the same user so you are not allowed to edit! My corporate email has two possible spellings, so I had the 'other' spelling on the mobile. When I changed it to the other one, it worked so nicely I got tempted to edit even past events!

Many thanks to Dany again!

emptinest04

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The clalendar on my Samsung S5 has stopped letting me enter events and change the date and the time. When I go enter an event and then change the time it won't let me. I noticed that the year was 1970. How do I fix that?

TFactINC

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Regards,

Dany

You my friend are a GENIUS. This WORKED!! Thank you very much!

fganter

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
This solved my problem with not being able to edit exchange entries from my nexus s! Thanks so much Dany. Just a note:

It doesn't matter if you have one or more accounts. If the email address spelling is for some reason any different, you are not recognised as the same user so you are not allowed to edit! My corporate email has two possible spellings, so I had the 'other' spelling on the mobile. When I changed it to the other one, it worked so nicely I got tempted to edit even past events!

Many thanks to Dany again!

You have to no only use the same spelling, but also the exact same case for the characters. E.g. John.Doe@company.com versus john.doe@company.com. While I didn't test this, I'd imagine using the primary email address (versus one of the aliases) is required as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe