Calendar sync problem, System update 21

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got a system update yesterday from Verizon. Today I checked my calendar and there are no recurring events listed past May 16th. On my computer, the google calendar has all my events correctly listed. I've tried the manual sync from both sides, but I cannot get this resolved. I see no setting in the calendar app on either side for a sync timeframe (limited to one month, year, etc.). I'm out of ideas- what else should I try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the Google Calendar app or the stock Samsung Calendar app? And is the calendar in question part of your Samsung account, or is it one of your Google account's calendars?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Google calendar app on my phone, and Business Calendar 2 to sync to that. Up until I noticed this issue, it wasn't a problem. If I go to google calendar on my computer, everything is there. If I go to it on the phone app, everything stops next month both on Google calendar and Business Calendar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Settings>Accounts>Google, then tap the Account Sync heading, does Google Calendar show has having synced successfully, or is there a Sync Error?

Have you already tried clearing the app cache for the Calendar app, or even clearing the app data and letting it re-sync? Another thing to try would be a cache partition wipe: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/de...axy-s9/wipe-cache-partition-samsung-galaxy-s9

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Under Settings/Accounts/Google it shows the sync is successful.

Cleared Calendar app cache- no effect
Cleared Calendar app data- no effect (and all the entries remained on the calendar that were there)
Working on the cache partition wipe now.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and Android 10 and One UI 2.0. I received the system update to Android 10 in March. I am using 2 different calendars on my Galaxy S9+ phone. Using aCalander and CalenGoo (which I've been using for years). I had no issues on Android 9 (Pie). Both of these calendar apps that I have on my phone syncs tasks to the Google calendar.

Now for the issues......on my PC I use the Google Calendar. I have all my bills set as a "tasks". They all show on my PC in the Google calendar. Once I mark a bill paid...April bill (tasks) it fades out which is what it is suppose to do. Then in the next month...May...the bill will show up as ready to be paid....which is correct. All my bills that I have scheduled will show up for every month for the entire 2020 year and onward. So everything is showing up correctly on my PC with Google calendar (tasks).

Now on my phone.... the two calendar apps that I am using will show the bills (tasks) in April as paid with a check mark and a line drawn thru it. Syncing is working. Now for May....my bills (tasks) will show up as ready to be paid which is correct. Now here comes the problem......my bills will not show up for the month of June or July or August....etc on my phones calendars for the rest of the year (like they used to). When I pay them for April.....they will show up in May......but not for the rest of the months for the entire 2020 year. They won't how for June until you pay them in May. Now before updating to Android 10.....all my bills (tasks) were showing up for every month for the entire 2020 year on both calendars on my phone.

Yes.....I have contacted the devs for both of my phones calendar apps and they have no idea why this is happening. Anyone have any solutions? I think Android 10 has messed this up....no issues with I was using Android 9 (Pie). Thank you.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I contacted tech support, they had me do the following-

Sync calendars (already done multiple times)
Shut phone off and remove sim for 60 seconds
Check settings for calendar
Remove the Google account and set it up again

None of those did anything. Then the tech wanted me to uninstall the calendar- but the phone will not let you. In fact, when I went to Google Play, the only option was to install it. I did that and now I have two different Google Calendar apps- the old one I cannot uninstall. That finally fixed my problem. Apparently there's some big screw up with the latest update from Verizon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found a solution! Are you certain the Calendar app that came with the phone is the official Google Calendar app, and not some stock Calendar app that Verizon uses? Can you Disable the stock Calendar app in Settings>Apps​?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Chances are it's just a stock Calendar app that's slightly modified from the AOSP Calendar app (and therefore more prone to break in regards to Google syncing, or just be less fully featured).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah well. I remember on an old Honor 5X I had, it was the same situation -- I just hid the stock Calendar app away in the App Drawer, and only had the Google Calendar app visible on the homescreen.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I contacted tech support, they had me do the following-

Sync calendars (already done multiple times)
Shut phone off and remove sim for 60 seconds
Check settings for calendar
Remove the Google account and set it up again

None of those did anything. Then the tech wanted me to uninstall the calendar- but the phone will not let you. In fact, when I went to Google Play, the only option was to install it. I did that and now I have two different Google Calendar apps- the old one I cannot uninstall. That finally fixed my problem. Apparently there's some big screw up with the latest update from Verizon.

I also have those two calendar apps on my phone....the Google calendar....which has always been on my phone.... and one just called "Calendar". With the Calendar one....you are correct....you can't uninstall or disable it. But I see you can force stop it. Should I force stop it? Should I also delete the Google calendar one on my phone? I only use the the Google calendar on my PC. On my phone I use CalenGoo and aCalendar (which I am testing out to see if I like it). Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Force Stopping won't really do much in the long run, because the app will most likely start up again on its own. If you have no use for the Google Calendar app, then it's reasonable to uninstall it (if possible).