Calendars

friardave

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I had an S4 and just got the S6 active...i HATE the calendar...the new factory installed one is atrocious. The one on the S4 was clean no holidays listed etc. The screens were a blank calendar and i filled in appts as needed.
Any ideas with a blank calendar?

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to get my contacts' birthdays to show properly on the calendar even though the setting is on.

You can turn of holidays by clicking "Manage calendar" while in the calendar app and turn "off" holiday setting under your Gmail account.

jdh2550

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I use DigiCal from the play store. It has lots of features and you can easily turn on or off different calendars to show birthdays, holidays, etc.

Pro version has some very nice widgets also. Been using it for years. The developer regularly updated it.

friardave

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I checked digical out. Thanks. Maybe it's me. I don't see a calendar there with no holidays on calendar. I don't want any features on the calendar. I'm just looking for an empty calendar i can edit with various appts etc.

BenL

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For whichever Calendar app you're using (Google's or someone else's) try clicking on Options and then scroll down to the list of calendars it's displaying. You might have "holidays" turned on.