Callback service is unavailable (S22 ultra)

jhonshivns

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
I am having a trip outside my country, and I bought a local sim in sri Lanka, since then my phone giving me a pop up message evrey few minutes that say Callback service is unavailable, very annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230807_090531_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230807_090531_WhatsApp.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 13

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. We'll probably need more information.

You say, "since", so have you returned and this is still happening or do you mean, you're still there and using the SIM? If the latter, have you considered trying another carrier/service provider?

Have you tried to contact the service provider for assistance?

Is this a physical SIM or virtual SIM?

Are you receiving messages, calls or other communications when this message pops up?

Reactions: B. Diddy

jhonshivns

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. We'll probably need more information.

You say, "since", so have you returned and this is still happening or do you mean, you're still there and using the SIM? If the latter, have you considered trying another carrier/service provider?

Have you tried to contact the service provider for assistance?

Is this a physical SIM or virtual SIM?

Are you receiving messages, calls or other communications when this message pops up?

I meant that im still here, and it started since i got to sri Lanka
It's a physical sim.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It started when you arrived in Sri Lanka before or after you added the new SIM?

Have you contacted the service provider?

Does the message coincide with receiving a message, call or any other notification event?

Does it stop if you remove the SIM?

What device do you have?

Please help us help you by providing a more detail.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open your Phone app, then tap the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Setting>Supplementary Services. Do you see a Callback option there, and if so, can you turn it off?

I agree with VidJunky, contacting your provider might be necessary for these kinds of carrier-dependent services.

jhonshivns

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
It started when you arrived in Sri Lanka before or after you added the new SIM?

Have you contacted the service provider?

Does the message coincide with receiving a message, call, or any other notification event?

Does it stop if you remove the SIM?

What device do you have?

Please help us help you by providing a more detail.
Hello,
*I didn't contact my service provider
*The message poping up for no reason
*I didn't try to remove my sim, but i will definitely try
*I own galaxy S22 ultra

Thank you for your help

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well an S22U that's a pretty nice device. It is also dual SIM, are you using both SIMs? I don't know your country of origin so I'm assuming that your device is one with a virtual and a physical SIM and not the version with dual physical SIMs, or was that the S21...? Anyway, you're only using a single SIM correct?

What was the result of removing the SIM, aside form not being able to make calls or receive messages, of course? LOL.

You might also check the providers web page and see if they have a compatibility list. While the 22 is powerful device there's a chance a region difference or some other compatibility thing might be an issue. Depending on which chip set the device has vs the chip set for that region you may be able to have the firmware flashed to clear up any compatibility issues.

You might also just have a defective SIM. Rare but perhaps seeking a replacement SIM from the provider might help. It would also be an excuse to talk to them and see if they have any ready made solutions. You're likely not the first to have this issue and they may know what to do.

We'll see if anyone else chimes in with suggestions now that this is in the S22 threads.

jhonshivns

Aug 7, 2023
Visit site
Well an S22U that's a pretty nice device. It is also dual SIM, are you using both SIMs? I don't know your country of origin so I'm assuming that your device is one with a virtual and a physical SIM and not the version with dual physical SIMs, or was that the S21...? Anyway, you're only using a single SIM correct?

What was the result of removing the SIM, aside form not being able to make calls or receive messages, of course? LOL.

You might also check the providers web page and see if they have a compatibility list. While the 22 is powerful device there's a chance a region difference or some other compatibility thing might be an issue. Depending on which chip set the device has vs the chip set for that region you may be able to have the firmware flashed to clear up any compatibility issues.

You might also just have a defective SIM. Rare but perhaps seeking a replacement SIM from the provider might help. It would also be an excuse to talk to them and see if they have any ready made solutions. You're likely not the first to have this issue and they may know what to do.

We'll see if anyone else chimes in with suggestions now that this is in the S22 threads.
Actually im using 2 physical sim and unfortunately i couldn't find a key to eject the sim.