camera and white streaks

Sue Kerr

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Just tonight I've noticed a white cloud or streak when I use my flash. Any suggestions? I'm not a big camera lingo person so my settings are all factory default, but I take a lot of photos. Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a sample picture? It might help 'diagnose' the issue... But it could be you or something else reflecting the flash light onto the lens (some cases are known to have that effect), a scratch, dent, or even dirt inside the lens cover.

Sue Kerr

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for responding. I have attached a photo that i took a few minutes ago. The streak starts in the upper right hand corner (if I'm holding the phone horizontally) and literally moves across the screen. I've tried all sorts of angles and lighting. So I took off the case an it works find. wiped it out and put it back on - problem is back. So i wiped off the exterior of the case and now it seems fine.I guess some piece of dirt was causing a reflection? WhiteStreakPic.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, that seems to be the case. I also had an issue once where the case was reflecting SOUND on my S2... Case off: People hear me just fine. Case on: People hear themselves on an echo. So weird. hehe

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid