camera comparrision

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am tired of my HTC One, I want to choose between Z1 and G2,both look like having superior camera.
If only the Z1 didn't have so large borders!

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Waterproof is my sale point... Can't wait to take this to the water park.
I was stuck between an iPhone with a larger screen(For the first time ever i considered an Iphone) vs the Xperia Z1... Apple didn't deliver so Xperia Z1 is the winner...
Now just gotta wait for TMobile to start playing ball.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Does it have OIS? The big deal about the G2 camera is that it's equipped with OIS.. which such a big deal that Sony is making about the camera, I assumed it was going to have it/or something that behaves like it but I have not seen anything suggesting so

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It has a digital kind of OIS.. Don't remember the exact name but it is very good!

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Wales

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Just Pre-ordered mine today from carphone warehouse with the extra lens for free, on an EE 4g contract, this will be my first Android phone so lets hope it's a good one!

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just Pre-ordered mine today from carphone warehouse with the extra lens for free, on an EE 4g contract, this will be my first Android phone so lets hope it's a good one!

Do u actually need the lens? Its already got a 20.7MP which itself is excellent. I got mine with the smartwatch 2 and speakers on EE 4G on Phones4u!!!

Phil Wales

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Well to me the lens is more handy than the watch, which you'll probably use for 2 days, then consign it to the draw. The lens adds OIS to the device plus 10xoptical zoom so pretty handy.

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Well to me the lens is more handy than the watch, which you'll probably use for 2 days, then consign it to the draw. The lens adds OIS to the device plus 10xoptical zoom so pretty handy.

Well I need a watch :D.... The camera already has digital OIS so really not needed.. The zoom is useful but hell the camera is already so good.. Well each to his own likes. When is ur expected delivery? Keep me informed and I'll do the same !

Phil Wales

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been given a date of the 17th by CPW, and today was in the Sony centre and he basically confirmed that too.

On a side note will a Z case fit the Z1? I think I read the Z1 was slightly thicker. If it will can anyone recommend one.

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been given a date of the 17th by CPW, and today was in the Sony centre and he basically confirmed that too.

On a side note will a Z case fit the Z1? I think I read the Z1 was slightly thicker. If it will can anyone recommend one.

Oh you guys who ordered from CPW are so lucky! Phones4u are giving no date other than sometime this week and when I called them up today, they said that they still didn't get stock! :(

On the point of cases, don't even bother.. The Z1 has a different contour on its edges, bit more curved and its bigger overall!

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Sean, I've ordered the Sony one with the lens bracket on it from Amazon, problem is it's not released till the 25th!!

Hey mate has urs shipped yet? I got it on EE too and they're making excuse that EE has not authorised the device yet hence they can't ship till next week... Really beginning to hate Phones4u...

Phil Wales

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Nope I think release has moved back a bit, probably till next week, to avoid the iPhone launch, and so it comes out the same time as the cases, lenses etc.

Sean473

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope I think release has moved back a bit, probably till next week, to avoid the iPhone launch, and so it comes out the same time as the cases, lenses etc.

No mate that bollocks! Vodafone and O2 have already begun shipping out orders and Phones4u has done that for them too.. Its EE who's holding everything up as they haven't "verfied" the Z1 for their network! What a load of crap! Well i'll keep pestering both of them! Its such a joke!

Sp1ffo

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Folks,

Joined the forum in desperation to see if there is anyway I can improve my photos.

My experience so far, had the phone for about a week. My first android since having every generation of iphone up to 4S, my camera experience has been very disappointing. The camera is simply awful in comparison to my iphone 4S. Using the auto function, it seems to take an age to focus before you can get a decent picture, then the delay when you actually snap is so much slower than the iphone 4S. With 2 young kids, you have to be quick with the camera, and it is just useless if you are trying to take a quick picture before they are on the move, that split second delay while focussing is very frustrating.

The manual 20mp is option is also very disappointing, I can't see any difference in the shots when zooming in other than the size of the file it generates, this may be better with good light, but the weather has been so crap, not had a chance to test this, but indoors, all camera shots are very poor. If your subject move even a little, it is near impossible getting a sharp picture. The iphone 4s handled this brilliantly.

I hope there is a software update at some point that may enhance the experience. The same goes with video, footage seems to move in/out of focus, added to that the camera software has crashed about 5 times, requiring a restart of phone. Not impressed at all, which is a shame as the rest of the phone has been fantastic!

nzrocketman

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like You need to replace it. my camera is good and taking. Photo only takes a split second. I can do over 100 in 4 seconds

Sent from my C6903 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21