Camera Flash Randomly Not Working

Hanazawa Rui

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
After a restart the flash still did not work, however it did work on my flashlight widget.

Even though no one encountered this problem, I thought I'd leave the solution that worked for me in case any people are Googling to get here:

The support tech had me reset the phone by taking the battery out. That did not work.

Then they had me go to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Camera.

In the camera app section, press "Clear Data".

This fixed it.

Thank You So Much.. It works!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

abuayya

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
After a restart the flash still did not work, however it did work on my flashlight widget.

Even though no one encountered this problem, I thought I'd leave the solution that worked for me in case any people are Googling to get here:

The support tech had me reset the phone by taking the battery out. That did not work.

This fixed it.

work for me thanks

BalkanNoob2609

Jun 22, 2018
Visit site

This fixed it.

My flash works until it takes a picture. It works on the widget and everything, even works while focusing the camera. When it is done focusing it just dies. I tried anything from restarting it to clearing the apps data but it just wont fix itself. Any ideas please...

jackbobby

Jan 1, 2019
Visit site

This fixed it.

Hi there, so are we talking about the same galaxy s5? I don't see any APPS/ALL APPS. There's application manager but even there there is no ALL APPS?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Application Manager is the same as Settings>Apps. Depending on the phone and OS version, you might see different categories (like User Installed, System, Disabled, All Apps), or you might just see one list. If you don't see Camera, tap Menu and look for a Show System option.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klesun