Camera Problem

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Everytime I open my camera, a little bar comes up that says "please insert sd card before using the camera". All the other things on my sd card are working fine on the phone however, my music is showing up, and so are my pictures in the gallery. any way to fix this?

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it was working fine until I opened it yesterday, which was really unfortunate because I was trying to get some pictures from a Mardi Gras parade I was at, now I won't have those pictures.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It's possible that the card got corrupted somehow. Try replacing it with a fresh card and see if that solves the problem. As for recovering any images from the card, maybe someone else has some ideas.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just pull everything off your card to your computer reformat it and try and take a pic that should fix it. Mine dud that and it stopped recognizing all photos

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Oddly enough, I didn't do anything and the camera works today, between this and an issue I'm having with the phone freezing I don't know what's going on with my phone.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
just to make sure you didn't miss the fine advice a few posts back... there is no reason to lose anything on the card and if you do have some pictures that would really be missed, I'd suggest plugging the phone in to you PC, mounting the SD card and copying all of the pictures to you computer somewhere.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys know if there's an app out there that will automatically back stuff up when you plug it in for you?

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The problem seems to have come back, sometimes the camera freezes the phone altogether, and sometimes this message pops up. Any ideas?

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My camera barely works at all now because of this little popup. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it possible that the sd card is filled up?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The problem seems to have come back, sometimes the camera freezes the phone altogether, and sometimes this message pops up. Any ideas?

Remove everything from the card and reformat it. Problem solved. If it comes back yet again, then you have a defective card or a hardware issue with the Droid.