[SOLVED] Can’t get siren sound notification for Ajax security app

benawhile

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have installed an Ajax home security system including a hub which connects to our Internet hub, and my wife and myself each have the Ajax app installed on our phones.

A feature of this system is notification by a loud emergency siren sound via the Ajax app if a detector is tripped.

I have a Motorola G 73 and my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S20FE, however although we both seem to have the same settings, both with Ajax and the phone settings, the loud Siren notification doesn’t come through on my wife’s phone, only on mine.

Can anyone help us to find the siren setting on the Samsung S20? There is a video for the S22 that shows how to reach them via accessibility>hearing enhancements>sound notifications>sound notification settings>categories.

I can’t find any equivalent setting for my Motorola either, just that mine works and my wife’s doesn’t

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but does it even give a visible notification in the notification panel? If it doesn't, then it's possible something is preventing the app from remaining active in the background. Samsung tends to be fairly aggressive with background app-killing as a way of saving battery.

benawhile

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
embarrased to ask but what specifically do you mean by "notification panel"? The alarm was repeated twice before I cancelled it and each time something momentarily flashed on the screen, but nothing permanent. In the notification section of the Ajax app there is a notification list which updates promptly after each alarm, but there was no alert that this had been received. More than happy to have another go but wife out at present!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
embarrased to ask but what specifically do you mean by "notification panel"? The alarm was repeated twice before I cancelled it and each time something momentarily flashed on the screen, but nothing permanent. In the notification section of the Ajax app there is a notification list which updates promptly after each alarm, but there was no alert that this had been received. More than happy to have another go but wife out at present!
When you get a notification, you should see an icon for that notification in the notification/status bar (the strip of icons at the very top of the screen). Since it's easy for that bar to get overloaded with icons, you might have to look at the full notification panel, which you get by swiping down from the top of the screen.

If you see a visible notification icon but don't hear anything, then we need to delve into some of the sound settings. If you don't see a visible notification icon at all, then that would suggest the system is preventing the app from functioning properly in the background, in which case we would need to look into a different part of the system settings that deals with allowing apps to stay awake in the background.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

benawhile

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Right
I DO get a specific notification icon for this app, when the system is triggered, but exactly as you say it is crammed in with others and not much of an alert. And no sound. There is a momentary flash message within the app but it disappears within a second.
Emphasize it's not my phone. Wife does get audible alerts for some things like text messages, whatsapp messages, (of course) so we can look into that further

We will first reinstall the ajax app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does she get normal audible notifications for other things, like incoming messages? Can you confirm that Do Not Disturb is turned off?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the app have an option to customize the siren alert sound? If so, go to that option and see what happens if you select some other tone, and then select the default siren again Does it play a sample for you whenever you select a tone?

Reactions: benawhile

benawhile

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
We uninstalled and reinstalled the app on wife's phone. and it has just started working. We will monitor for a while but thread can be marked solved, thank you for your help. We don't think we did anything differently but who knows?

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose