Can 1 Google home operate lights in two different rooms

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

If I only have one Google home and buy Philips Hue Lights with a hub and extra bulbs can my one Google home turn on and off the lights on two different floors, living room and basement. Or do I need a Google home or mini on each floor, or every individual room?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
One home can control all your hue lights. I have hue lights in 4 different rooms and I just tell my home which lights to turn on and off.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as your wifi signal can reach all the areas in your house, your one GH can operate all of them. If you're finding that some take a little longer to respond or don't respond at all sometimes, you might need a wifi signal booster (extender).

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
As long as your wifi signal can reach all the areas in your house, your one GH can operate all of them. If you're finding that some take a little longer to respond or don't respond at all sometimes, you might need a wifi signal booster (extender).
Hues operate on Zigbee mesh with a hardwired bridge. So long as your Google Home can communicate with your LAN, it can control all Hue lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord