Can anybody help me with internal memory problem,Alcatel Pixi 4 (3.5)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have done hard reset on the phone,factory reset and still of 8 gb i can use just 500-600 mb of memory .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This article will help you clean up your device. At the end they recommend a product they sell, I recommend Ccleaner a free app at the Play Store. Otherwise the tips are good... https://www.syncios.com/android/clean-up-android-devices-and-other-storage.html

If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments please register an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! After you reset and then set the phone back up again, is the phone automatically reinstalling your previous apps? Remember that an 8 GB phone only has about 3 GB or so available to the user, since about 5 GB are used up by the OS and any bloatware. If you're reinstalling apps after the reset, that can quickly use up the small amount of storage you have.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to a more modern phone with at least 32 GB of internal storage. There are plenty of inexpensive options.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install a terminal app, like Terminal Emulator for Android. Run it and issue the command

df

Look for a line ending in emulated or sdcard. (It might be easier in landscape mode.) That line shows all the storage you can access. The rest of it is in partitions for the system, you can't use it. I'm guessing that the sdcard partition has 1000000 1k blocks (the first column) or less. That would be 1GB. (Scroll up if you don't see the column headings.)

when you're done, issue the

exit

command, or the terminal app will keep running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hebdo_Madaires