Question Can I Do This...

Munchiezzz

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know if I am able to run SketchUp, CAD, SolidWorks or any simular program on my device. I have a

Samsung Tablet Tab S6 Lite (2022 Version)

This is my only device, no laptop or desktop computer. Im not sure if there was a version I can run that would work for this or not. If there is what is it?

Thanks

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know if I am able to run SketchUp, CAD, SolidWorks or any simular program on my device. I have a

Samsung Tablet Tab S6 Lite (2022 Version)

This is my only device, no laptop or desktop computer. Im not sure if there was a version I can run that would work for this or not. If there is what is it?

Thanks

That tablet is Android OS based. Most of the kinds of programs you're asking about strictly run on Windows or Mac based computers. Very big difference in hardware capabilities and not at all trivial.

Sketchup? - No. Only for PC or Mac and requires keyboard and mouse support. A web-based version can run in a browser on a Chromebook, but only because that has a keyboard and supports a connected mouse. Sketchup is nearly impossible to navigate with just the touchpad.

CAD? You need an Android-based app, and AutoCAD is not one. There is a AutoCad DWG Viewer and Editor app that will run on Android. It does very basic editing, but you need an AutoDesk account, and all files are saved to their cloud.

There are other "CAD" apps for Android out there, but you'll have to look up their capabilities to see if they are what you want. They will be very limited because of the Android interface input limitations.

Having used AutoCAD since 1989, and now Revit since 2009, I can't imagine doing any kind of serious CAD or rendering on any Android environment.