Can i download apks on timkoo Q3E?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a timkoo Q3E player from amazon, and it is running android kernal version 3.4.67 and when I try to install apk it says For security your phone is not allowed to install apps from unknown sources, and when I go to settings the option is not there, I don't know what to do. Does anyone know how to install apk from unknown sources when the option is just not there?

Dintisor

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
Is there any reason why you want to break the rules that your son's school has given? If he has special needs, then you should talk to his teacher and principal. They will be able to make proper accommodations for his disability. If your son does not have a disability, then most adults will not provide any help to let him break the rules on his school assignment.

But I am not breaking any rule , by trying to install on an ALLOWED MP3 player , an extra Internet Browser . It was simply the wrong conclusion of an other contributor , not my intention.
As for the other comments , thank you all for your time to read and write all the helpfull advices and informations.
I thought only , there might be a key , known steps or a simple way to enable " developer options " or " install from unknown sources"
for an old android 4.4.2 ( I think now after some researches) .. like pushing the model name 11 times, or the kernel name , simple things , not hacking or Custom ROMs

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But I am not breaking any rule , by trying to install on an ALLOWED MP3 player , an extra Internet Browser . It was simply the wrong conclusion of an other contributor , not my intention.
As for the other comments , thank you all for your time to read and write all the helpfull advices and informations.
I thought only , there might be a key , known steps or a simple way to enable " developer options " or " install from unknown sources"
for an old android 4.4.2 ( I think now after some researches) .. like pushing the model name 11 times, or the kernel name , simple things , not hacking or Custom ROMs
Does this tablet belong to the school?
Another thing Android 4.2 is ancient is like having a DOS computer lot of things are not supported or will not work due to that Android version.

Dintisor

Jun 20, 2022
Visit site
Does this tablet belong to the school?
Another thing Android 4.2 is ancient is like having a DOS computer lot of things are not supported or will not work due to that Android version.

NO , it belongs to me , i bought it for a 3 days trip for my son and it is not a tablet. It is a 4" touch screen Mp3 Player with
a 4.4.2 Android , but USB debugging closed , ( already tried ADB and it sais : OFFLINE) , and all installation or developer options
locked. I thought there can be a easy and known combination to enable somehow the developer options and allow installing from unknown sources

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
NO , it belongs to me , i bought it for a 3 days trip for my son and it is not a tablet. It is a 4" touch screen Mp3 Player with
a 4.4.2 Android , but USB debugging closed , ( already tried ADB and it sais : OFFLINE) , and all installation or developer options
locked. I thought there can be a easy and known combination to enable somehow the developer options and allow installing from unknown sources
Ok gotcha, still outdated Andriod version but try XDA Forum see any article on this unit.

Michael V Nelson

Oct 6, 2022
Visit site
I assume , i could find an APK with a Chrome ore other Internet browser .
Guys , really ? It was 6-7-8 years ago . Everybody tried to help
out with the problem , to solve it , to give a hint , to try or figure something out.
What I get from you is only : " oh , if you want a tablet buy something else" ,
" if your son is gone use this device mabe it will get confiscated" , " if its Honeycomb nothing its going to work"
look at yourselves , only pesimistic remarks , no hint , not a good idea , a plan or some hope.
If it will continue in this note I will turn into a huge depression.
Come on ! Some teamwork and positive ideas ...
Thank you ...

Go to xda forum for real help. Just root the device.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrina Fisher

Nov 15, 2022
Visit site
How Do I Mod a Q3E Device?

I've been trying to add apps to my Timmkoo Q3E, just things such as a notes app, but I'm pretty much a beginner. The most experience I've ever had is getting Google Play on a fire kindle with APKs. Does anybody have any ideas? Whenever I try to add APKs or .exe files it doesn't seem to work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How Do I Mod a Q3E Device?

Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Tinkering with a device like that would require quite a bit of experience. Since you say you're a beginner, I would not recommend pursuing this possibility. There are many inexpensive options for a decent Android phone, so it'd be better to go that route.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: How Do I Mod a Q3E Device?

Apk's are specific to the Android OS, and exe's are specific to Windows OS. This device has a custom OS, so only its own apps would work on it. It would be theoretically possible to flash Android to it, but would require writing a custom Android version from scratch, possibly including a translation layer so it knows how to talk to the processor. Even if you overcome that substantial hurdle, the specs on that device are abysmal for running anything Android based on it, assuming it has the power to run it at all.

OVERLEGAL

Nov 19, 2022
Visit site

If you want to enable developer options, just plug the mp3 into a pc and open the mp3's usb options; touch the home button and disconnect the mp3 from the pc. Finally, long press the home button to get the recent apps window and click on usb connections and the developer options will appear. If you find a solution to install the apk, please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38