Can I get some help getting the Outlook app to show calendars on my Samsung S5?

A

AC Question

Need help getting Outlook app to show calendars on Samsung s5

I have a Samsung s5 and want need to sync a new calendar I created so that it feeds to my phone.

What I've done so far:

- via Outlook on my PC I added an Internet Calendar (named "Clippers AA") in Account settings
- I have downloaded the Outlook app onto phone

Now I would assume the Outlook app would show the Clippers AA onto my phone... but it doesn't, sighs

Any suggestions on what I may have missed?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need help getting Outlook app to show calendars on Samsung s5

Are you using an Outlook account (or an Exchange one) on your PC or are you using another type of account? If the latter, you'd need to subscribe to the Internet Calendar to show it on your phone as that's not actually syncing with anything.

caffeine1977

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

OK, I know this is a dumb question but how do I know if my account is an Outlook, Exchange or other one? I am using Outlook 2007 and have it synced to my Hotmail email address.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you're using Hotmail, then that's not an Exchange account (Exchange is a special kind of server that you, or usually a company, set up to privately host an e-mail service with Outlook sync capabilities). Now, I'm not exactly sure how does Outlook sync to Hotmail as I haven't used Hotmail in ages, but if your Outlook calendar syncs and appears on the Hotmail webpage, then you should be able to sync that calendar into your phone, just make sure that the Calendar sync option is activated.

If the calendar from your PC doesn't show on the Hotmail webpage, then that's not syncing at all, and we'd have to look for a way to do that.