Can I get some Tablet upgrade advice (7-9)?

A

AC Question

Tablet Upgrade Advice (7-9")

Hello folks,

I'm interested in purchasing a new tablet.
I've had my eyes on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 or the Apple Ipad Mini 2 (32gb)
They are comparable in price.
It's wonderful to have all the extra ram and powerful cores, yet the most important feature for me is stability.

I'm open to any suggestions on a small form factor tablet (7 - 9"), something that is stable - minimal lag, no random shut downs etc. Android or Apple, I don't care - the last Apple product I've had was the ipod classic (80gb).

Note:
My current device is a Nexus 7 (2012) but it's misbehaving, such that sometimes it won't power on, even when it has ample battery life - until I plug it in for awhile. Or it sometimes lags like crazy...
This is my first tablet and has been quite frustrating. Whether it's unique to Asus Nexus 7 (2012), or the Android O/S., I'm not sure.

souvikultimate

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Tablet Upgrade Advice (7-9")

I am an Android user, and would take the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4's larger, higher-resolution screen, more compact size and weight, potentially faster performance, micro-USB port, better cameras and fingerprint scanner over anything the iPad mini has to offer. But if you are a fan of Apple's devices, the software alone may make this decision for you.