Can I / How do I disable multi-window / split-screen view.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok so serious question here, I upgraded from the Note 4 and there was a quick settings toggle icon to disable accidentally activating multi-window. I can't seem to find this setting (if there is one) on the edge+. I love phablets because of the screen size for media purposes but I've never had a use for multi-window and split-screen viewing, I'm not much of a multi-tasker.

Does anyone know how I can disable this without rooting so I don't accidentally shrink my apps when swiping from the corners? Also not like that they changed the long press of the multi-task button from menu to split-screen function. I was very used to using that button to pop the menu up :S

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately they removed that toggle for the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge+ the way to activated is through the long press of the recent apps button and there is no way to switch it off.

Robby Robb

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
This how I stop multi window you can thank me later lol u can even add it to ur toggle list

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 13911.jpg
    13911.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 450

EdFagan

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank You, Robby!

It's ridiculous that Samsung doesn't have an option to turn that off. It's unbelievably Annoying. I never would have thought to look for an app just to do that, so your solution here is most appreciated!!! :)

PretzelLogic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I found this thread on Google. I just got an S7 a week ago and the split window function has been driving me freakin crazy. Fortunately this app works on the S7 as well. Lifesaver.

snidtlc

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
So, even when using the multitask thing and turning it off so it won't split, now the screen acts like I have hit the key to the left of the bottom button and brings up the close screen option. This happens every couple letters I try to type. Any suggestions? I'm going mad!

Rashaesoufy

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
The problem is still there...nothibg has change...how come googel invent such a stupi app or feature...damn its non stop like a virus..and no soloution ??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbrown1