Can I use a Moto G with T-mobile?

Terrorizer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I have tmobile and would like to get a new phone, but none of the ones they have in store I like. I am thinking of getting a moto G, unlocked. My question is, can I just buy the phone, pop in my sim card and turn it on? Is there anything else I need to do? Is it something a novice could do? I've only owned 3 different phones in my life and each time I purchased them in store so they were "activated" and set up for me.

Does it matter weather or not I get the Global GSM or US GSM model? Will I have LTE and all other functionality with tmobile? thanks for any help.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I have tmobile and would like to get a new phone, but none of the ones they have in store I like. I am thinking of getting a moto G, unlocked. My question is, can I just buy the phone, pop in my sim card and turn it on? Is there anything else I need to do? Is it something a novice could do? I've only owned 3 different phones in my life and each time I purchased them in store so they were "activated" and set up for me.

Does it matter weather or not I get the Global GSM or US GSM model? Will I have LTE and all other functionality with tmobile? thanks for any help.

it should be no problem. just make sure the phone you buy is unlocked and is the US version so that you have the correct bands and get the full LTE capability. also - check your SIM Card size - nano vs. micro - you might need to ask T-Mob for a new SIM card of the correct size. you also might want to consider a prepaid plan - typically cheaper and much less taxes and fees.

good luck.

Terrorizer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
it should be no problem. just make sure the phone you buy is unlocked and is the US version so that you have the correct bands and get the full LTE capability. also - check your SIM Card size - nano vs. micro - you might need to ask T-Mob for a new SIM card of the correct size. you also might want to consider a prepaid plan - typically cheaper and much less taxes and fees.

good luck.

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure if the Moto g has an sd card slot, but if it does can i use the sd card from my windows phone in it? would i have to erast it? or would i need a whole new sd card?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure if the Moto g has an sd card slot, but if it does can i use the sd card from my windows phone in it? would i have to erast it? or would i need a whole new sd card?

i would move any important files from your SD Card to your PC. then i would reformat the SD Card using the new phone. then move the files back to the newly formated SD Card if that's where you want them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy