Can I Use A Wireless Charger Case With A Broken USB Port On My Samsung Galaxy Note 5?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Since my usb port has broken, the only way that I can charge my Samsung Galaxy Note 5, is with my wireless charger pad. So to prevent my phone from dying before I get home from work, I have to take my wireless charger pad with me so that I can charge my phone in my car and at work. Is it possible for me to charge my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in my car or at work with a wireless charger case?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If the phone already supports wireless charging, why do you need a case that supports it? Usually a "wireless charger case" would plug in through the USB port to ADD wireless charging to a device that doesn't otherwise have it.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

slcharles7

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
I can't use a wall or car charger to charge my phone since my usb port is broken. I need another way to charge my phone during the day when I'm in my car or at work before my phone dies. That is why I asked about the wireless charger case. Since my usb port is broken, can I still use it to charge my phone during the day when I need to.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If it has wireless charging already there's no need for a "wireless charger case". What you might be seeing are cases that say they will work with wireless charging (meaning the back doesn't have a metal plate), but if the case is properly designed for the phone you shouldn't have to look for that designation.

slcharles7

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
I need another option to charge my phone during the day. My usb port is not working. What are my options to charge my phone in my car and at work because my phone will die before I get home from work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa