Can Sky Tablets make phone calls

Mattchoo904

Jan 16, 2023
Visit site
I have an elite T8 plus given to me by the sky tablet manufactures and mobile data service with a phone number.

How can I make it work like a phone?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
All devices with mobile data have a phone number assigned to them, they can't make calls unless they have a phone app and the service provider has them provisioned as a phone for calls and texts. To my knowledge no service provider in the United States provisions tablets to use as a phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You'd have to use some kind of VoIP service, like Google Meet, Zoom, Skype, etc.

JMO24

Oct 4, 2023
Visit site
I have an elite T8 plus given to me by the sky tablet manufactures and mobile data service with a phone number.

So there is a way you can use your tablet as a phone. You won't be able to use the number on your tablet but your not using it no so shouldn't be a big deal anyway. What you can do is download a free phone app from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE. The most popular one I probably TEXTNOW. Or GOOGLE VOICE works also. I've done it on the Sunshine T1 Elite (8 inch tablet) and I've done it on the tablet I have now which is the SkyPad 8. I used GOOGLE VOICE this time. It will give you options for surrounding city free numbers. DO NOT TRY AND PORT the number on the phone # on your tablet. Won't work unless you wanna pay and deal with who ever services your tablet. Just read every page and follow instructions. You will verify the number Google Voice gives you with your phone. Have to verify. No biggie though. I can make and receive calls and text now. And voicemail. If you don't like it then it's as easy as deleting the app and try TEXTNOW or a different app. A different FREE APP. There's plenty. Those 2 apps have the best ratings and reviews. Any questions let me know. Have a great day.

JMO24

Oct 4, 2023
Visit site
So there is a way you can use your tablet as a phone. You won't be able to use the number on your tablet but your not using it no so shouldn't be a big deal anyway. What you can do is download a free phone app from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE. The most popular one I probably TEXTNOW. Or GOOGLE VOICE works also. I've done it on the Sunshine T1 Elite (8 inch tablet) and I've done it on the tablet I have now which is the SkyPad 8. I used GOOGLE VOICE this time. It will give you options for surrounding city free numbers. DO NOT TRY AND PORT the number on the phone # on your tablet. Won't work unless you wanna pay and deal with who ever services your tablet. Just read every page and follow instructions. You will verify the number Google Voice gives you with your phone. Have to verify. No biggie though. I can make and receive calls and text now. And voicemail. If you don't like it then it's as easy as deleting the app and try TEXTNOW or a different app. A different FREE APP. There's plenty. Those 2 apps have the best ratings and reviews. Any questions let me know. Have a great day.

Also it isn't mobile data service. If you open SETTINGS then open ABOUT PHONE info then SIM STATUS. This is what I'm guessing it says.

MOBILE NETWORK STATE ----- Disconnected
SERVICE STATE ----- In Service
Which is why you can't use that phone #.
Hope that helps. 😘😘😘

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231004-132056~2.png
    Screenshot_20231004-132056~2.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

LairdJ

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
But what if it doesn't say that? What if my sky 8 says this instead:

How do I get it to work as a phone when there's no phone button? The Text now or free text app may work but not wit the # that's assigned to my tablet.I need the phone # that's assigned to my Sky 8 tablet to work or certain calls will not come thru.

Attachments

• 17075206832367516311676239813268.jpg
    17075206832367516311676239813268.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0