Can the charger here (or for the 7+ tablet) charge a Lenovo 9i Yoga 1260p chip?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm told since the Lenovo has a USB c charger option, I have lots of options, including phone and tablet chargers. Will this work? Now, I'm also told the output on the charger has to be enough for the laptop. The lenovo is a bit power hungry, but I don't care if it charges a bit more slowly as long as (in a pinch) it charges.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From what I read on the web, the laptop needs a 65W charger. I think the Note20 charger is 25W, and the Tab S7+ charger is 45W. There are a number of good 3rd party chargers that reach 65W, and that also have multiple ports such that you could charge the laptop and a phone at the same time.

The lower wattage chargers can probably still charge the laptop, but most likely very slowly, and if you're using the laptop while charging, chances are the battery will still drop during usage.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I read on the web, the laptop needs a 65W charger. I think the Note20 charger is 25W, and the Tab S7+ charger is 45W. There are a number of good 3rd party chargers that reach 65W, and that also have multiple ports such that you could charge the laptop and a phone at the same time.

The lower wattage chargers can probably still charge the laptop, but most likely very slowly, and if you're using the laptop while charging, chances are the battery will still drop during usage.

That was my conclusion too, so I asked anker. They have a 65 watt nano that will charge over usb-c. It should work perfectly and fast.

I can probably even get away with charging another device, although that will slow down charging. It would leave 45 Watts for the laptop at that point.

So, problem solved. I really do like laptops that will charge with usb-c chargers because that makes the charger versatile and also gives me an easy backup solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech